Statler Hotel Demolition Progress

Allan

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure, but it was quite interesting how they kept adding on to it.

I checked out the Statler Monday with my friends before the Tigers game. Not much has happened to take pictures of. Actually, it almost looked like demo had temporarily stopped. Reguardless, it's good to know there is still hope.

Thanks for the welcome. Actually my desk faces straight out across Clifford St. and I have debris falling before my eyes (it's quite distracting). I'll have to bring my digital camera to work Monday and snap a few.

Knocking down the actual exterior walls?

At exaclt what location are they knocking it down from currently? Looking from the back is it the furthest right wing (the 1915 addition)

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On the 1915 addition, they're removing the wall that surrounds the roof (I would call it a Cornice) starting on the north side of the wing (Opposite of Washington Blvd). On the center and north wing, they're on the top floor and are working on all walls except the one facing bagley. lelandpalmer's blog pictures shows some of the removal. It appears that they are using the wings of the building to act as a funnel to keep the debris contained within itself. I saw more more bobcats on the ground when I walked in today so it looks like they are going to pick up the pace.

Why the lack of photos? I would think this forum would be exploding with them as exterior demolition has begun.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Photos from less than a week ago too old for ya? Patience, son, it's gonna take a while to tear the beast down at that pace.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived