Statler Hotel Demolition Progress

Allan

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's my guess too. The draping still won't stop beams from falling onto the track and damaging it though. Then I will laugh because anyone with any common sense knows that the people mover will not come away undamaged. I had heard that they were going to build a plywood enclosure around the people mover. I guess they decided that this fabric stuff would be more cost effective. Haha.

These are from Friday, March 3, 2005.  This is probably my last significant photo posting for a while.  Certain people at other websites seem to think that there is no such thing as the U.S. copyright law.  Apparently nobody has heard of asking permission, and that it is now ok to just take things.  :angry:

Allan,

Sadly, this happens all the time. Next time it does happens, replace the "highjacked" link with a picture of something completely off the wall. For example, someone uses a link to your Statler photos, replace the stolen one with some ducks along the river at Belle Isle. Trust, they will stop using your links........

- BR

Allan,

Sadly, this happens all the time.  Next time it does happens, replace the "highjacked" link with a picture of something completely off the wall.  For example, someone uses a link to your Statler photos, replace the stolen one with some ducks along the river at Belle Isle.  Trust, they will stop using your links........

- BR

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, I know it happens all the time. I've had people from three websites take my photos without asking. The same people do it over and over again. I really need to get my own site. Then I will be able to control who links what. Now I've got some people pissed off at me, but I don't care. I did probably go overboard yesterday - I have been going crazy lately because of family issues. At least my photo got removed. :)

I replaced it with this:

IMG_7719.jpg

That's a great replacement Allan! Sort of ironic that people that sole YOUR pictures are pissed because of something you did with YOUR pictures!

Maybe there should be new forum rule added stating that any user who republishes someone else's copyrighted material without their permission will result in a suspension from the site or something like that.

All I ask is that people ask my permission first, before posting my photos. I have never said "no" to anyone who asks to use my photos. It is not, however, very polite to just go ahead and post photos without asking the photographer first.

That's a great replacement Allan!  Sort of ironic that people that sole YOUR pictures are pissed because of something you did with YOUR pictures!

Maybe there should be new forum rule added stating that any user who republishes someone else's copyrighted material without their permission will result in a suspension from the site or something like that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. We here at UrbanPlanet have a policy of removing any photos that might get posted here incorrectly. Fortunately the maturity level of the forumer that posts here is fairly high so we rarely get any complaints.

Its unfortunate the so called "staff" at other forums (that seem to be mostly children anyway) don't have the same respect for intellectual property. This is one of the reasons I don't bother with SSP anymore. Its really nothing more than a teeny bopper chat room.

You don't bother with it because you are no longer welcome.  You were banned, right?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope. I've never been banned or even suspended. You may check if you like. I don't even know if I have an id there anymore as I havn't bothered to logon to SSP in at least a year or so.

As I indicated above I simply left because it is a useless site for discussing urban matters. And I get PMs almost daily now from forumers thanking us for creating UP.

When "the staff" such as yourself steals photos I think that speaks volumes as to what is wrong with SSP.

Hotel demolition alters People Mover schedule

Out late tonight?

The Detroit People Mover will shut down three hours earlier as workers prepare to demolish the old Statler Hilton Hotel. The train will operate from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. today and Wednesday.

Out late St. Patrick's Day?

No problem. The People Mover will resume its usual schedule of 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.

I will take some photos of the fabric-covered walls the next time I go down there. I was there today, but I did not take photos because it has been raining all day.

Joe, I highly doubt the details will be rescued. They will probably end up in the landfill. :(

Im new here and would like to give out a big hello! I passed by this building in the 80s and havent seen it since. This is going to sound uncool but i do think its better that they are dismantleing it instead of blowing it up. Although in retrospect...we have to watch it SLOWLY meet its demise. I no longer make my way to Detroit often and hope you guys who do keep a good chronicle of the demoltion.

I seriously doubt it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed. Unless they found someone willing to pay top dollar for them, it just isn't going to happen. I'd be happy if they'd at least salvage the base, but I doubt they'll even do that.

Archived