SC Off Topic

Spartan

16 hours ago, GvilleSC said:

Yea -- I don't have too much faith that County Council would pass such a proposal. Could it even be passed by council, or would it need to be on the ballot for the voting public? 

Council would have to vote to put it on the ballot for a vote. Not impossible, since it leaves the decision to the voters, but getting the public approval would take a concerted effort to be sure. 

There are council elections underway now, so it would be a good question for the candidates to answer.   

1 minute ago, vicupstate said:

Council would have to vote to put it on the ballot for a vote. Not impossible, since it leaves the decision to the voters, but getting the public approval would take a concerted effort to be sure. 

There are council elections underway now, so it would be a good question for the candidates to answer.   

Thanks, and good point on elections. At least in Greenville County, while conservative, there is a great trail system that can help serve as incentive.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, GvilleSC said:

Anyone else dislike the amount of ads that are now all over UP? I'd rather pay for a subscription than deal with this amount of advertisements. It almost makes it impossible to view the site on a phone. 

I'm tired of the site making me prove I'm not a robot every time. NEVER used to happen and not it happens all the time the last few months; anything we can do about that?

On 2/24/2024 at 10:30 AM, GvilleSC said:

Anyone else dislike the amount of ads that are now all over UP? I'd rather pay for a subscription than deal with this amount of advertisements. It almost makes it impossible to view the site on a phone. 

Yes. The ads, robot stuff, and stupid videos that pop up every time. It’s beyond ridiculous and annoying. Fix this crap @Neo

Edited by gman430