Detroit Off Topic

Allan

The officiating was still bad. The refs were so inconsistent that it had to be hard for players on both teams to know what to expect from the referees.

I'm glad we pulled out the win, though! That looked more like Pistons I know.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They played much much better. But the officials are dictating this series. Everyone is in foul trouble. I thought in the playoffs they let more stuff go instead of calling everything. Im happy with the win and hopefully they will bring the same intensity and sense of urgency into game 5.

Im absolutely disgusted by the first half officiating. It was rediculous how badly the Pistons were getting jobbed. And then to top it off at the end of the game Shaq had the balls to say that 4 of his fouls were flops on the part of the Pistons. Apparently whatever Shaq does is legal and im really sick of it.

LOL! You don't need to flop against Shaq. Does he realize he weighs about 100 pounds more than most NBA players?

Either way, I don't think the Pistons could've won this game. They missed too many layups and Miami's roleplayers hit way more jumpshots than they should've. If Rasheed comes to play, I expect a rout in game 6.

I hope I didn't take the thread too far off-topic

Remember Piston's fans, we're two games away! That's 2 games. Nothing we haven't done before right?- i hope :) . Depth is key, and I think the distractions are over with the coach. We've seen it before, Miami is a good team, but the depth IMO is not there in a 7 game series, and let's hope these words don't come back at me in a few days :)

Peace from Will, DetroitBazaar

As a Miami Heat fan, I'll say it looks like a healthy Heat team would easily beat the Pistons. However, who knows what would actually happen, due to the bad officiating on both sides. Like Sheed says, it really looks like the league is trying to stretch this series out to 7 games. Nevertheless, using bad officiating as an excuse doesn't make sense imo, because good shooting, rebounding and playing good defense, in the end, should over come everything else.

Oh the Pistons have definitely been beating themselves. The officiated is just salt in the wounds. I wouldnt neccesarily say a healthy Heat team would easily beat Detroit. There has only been one game this series where Detroit actually has played like the Detroit team that won it all last year and that was game 4. Having watched Detroit play all year the tend to play down to their competition. They have been too inconsistent and unfortunately it appears as though that might cost them a repeat. The series isnt over yet though and whoever wins at Miami in a few days will move on to the championship. Detroit will win game six, unfortunately game 7 i cant be so sure of.

^Imo, Detroit is playing the way it is because of two main reasons. 1. The officiating has definately gotten into the Piston's heads and 2. Miami is a much better team then they have given them credit for. Miami's style of play has just disrupted the things the Pistons are used to doing. Shaq's inside game, Zo's defensive intensity, hot shooting by bench players like Bulter, and Wade's ability to work Prince, all have been major factors during this series. Like the Pistons claim about Games 3 & 5, Game 4 was heavily influenced by Miami having no inside presence, both defensively and offensive, due to Shaq & Zo being in foul trouble. Although it will be close, I expect foul trouble for the Heat again. Wade to sit it out and the Pistons will pull it out in the 4th. However its definately up in the air for game 7 and it all depends on Wade's health.

The Pistons havent shot the ball consistently at all. Some of it has to do with Miamis defense but a lot of it is Detroit missing wide open shots. And your absolutely right about the refs. Detroit has let them get into their heads and it may cost them the series. I can really understand why they would be frustrated but they are a championship team and should act like one.

As a Miami Heat fan, I'll say it looks like a healthy Heat team would easily beat the Pistons.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was thinking that the Pistons would easily beat the Heat if they just did what they did at the end of last season. But I thought about it, and figured Miami wasn't playing their "A game", either. It's a shame that Wade got hurt, because I wanted the Pistons to win fair and square. Everyone called last years' title a fluke, but I think they could've won against any team (although it wouldn't have been a lot closer).

Miami is the hungrier team and it shows. The Pistons have been inconsistent with their play all season and don't really resemble last years' team. I hope they get their act together and don't let today's and possibly Monday's win go to their heads.

And I won't be able to like the team much longer if they keep whining so much...

I agree. What is with all those damn technicals. They need to play the game. I feel bad for Heat fans. With a banged up Wade who may not even play monday night it looks like the Pistons could take this series even after their lousy play.

Wade's injury, as well as the rash of recent injuries on the Heat's sideline really hurts. The Heat don't even hold full contact practices, because all 5 starters are really banged up and need the rest. This series is being played on heart alone. Unfortunately, injuries are a part of the game. If Wade can't go Monday night, somebody else, outside of Shaq, has to step up and be a star for a night. If the Heat lose, then good luck to the Pistons, in the Finals against San Antonio.

W00t!!

Gotta give Miami credit. While I still don't believe either team played their best this series, Miami has a bright future ahead of them - Shaq or no Shaq. Even before the trade you could see that young team was gonna be scary just from watching them last year against Indy.

I almost had a heart attack, but the Heat made this win a worthwhile one.

Great series, as a life long Heat fan its hard to see a season with so much promise end like this because you always want to play the champs at full strength and a full deck of cards. In the end though, the Heat had a chance to win and didn't make plays down the stretch (ex. GIVE THE BALL TO SHAQ), while Detroit (epspecially Billups) did. Hopefully we'll have better luck next year. Good luck against San Antonio.

Yeah, it seems like we pushed all other off-topic posts out of discussion.

I'm with rb, too. I commend you, Lakelander, for being such a good sport! I'd probably be too pissed to even post about the Pistons this soon had they lost.