Detroit Off Topic

Allan

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For some reason, in Microsoft Local Live, one cannot get a Bird's Eye View of the southern half of downtown Detroit. As I was playing with it today, checking out the Woolworth Building in New York, I typed in "detroit, mi" from there and it took me to the Bird's Eye View of those missing portions of Detroit. This is what worked for me:

1. Go to Microsoft Local Live.

2. Type in "Broadway & Barclay St, New York, NY"

3. Switch to Bird's Eye View.

4. Change to location to "Detroit, MI"

If you stray out of the southern half of downtown, you won't be able to return, since the boxes will be grayed out. I wonder if anyone has found an easier way to do this.

It all depends on the direction. You have four options (North, South, East, and West) and sometimes certain areas of downtown can only be seen from one direction. Try changing the direction towards the south once you've changed over to "Bird's Eye" view in the Grand Circus Park area. You can then scroll towards Campus Martius, the financial district, and ultimately the river. (In fact, you can actually view as far as Windsor.)

just got back from a very wet, but very awesome weekend in cleveland. Although the pistons couldn't pull off the W, the tigers got the job done... first sweep in cleveland in 16 years...

oh, and if you need it, the Tigers have the most wins (24) in the American League!!! GO TIGS :-D

Today is the third day in a row that I've seen people going in and out of the overhead aluminum door on the side of the National theater. Anything we should know about what is happening there?

Like I said on DY, I think a dinner/theater style place or a comedy club would be cool in that location. But I say that having never seen the theater itself.

Just watched the press conference...told us just about nothing. They are actually digging anywhere they want on the property, not just 4 places (according to the press conference). They are using MSU experts to help with selecting locations to dig.

This is kinda stupid, it's been 31 years...I would think there are more important things to worry about. Not because I'm cold hearted, but because I think the media could be looking at more important things.

...This is kinda stupid, it's been 31 years...I would think there are more important things to worry about. Not because I'm cold hearted, but because I think the media could be looking at more important things.

I think that Hoffa's family would like closure; so if they can solve this finally, I'd be happy for them.

it's just one of those classic mysteries that the media never gets tired of reporting on. I think it'll be like this for years. They've made movies on it. Even if they find him, it'll still be shrouded in mystery. It'll still help keep metro Detroit in the spot light.

Post Palacevision Pistons Party on the freeway.

So I'm taking my friend back to Canton, and I'm heading South on I-75 when we come up to that construction where the freeway is closed between 8 Mile and 696. Traffic comes to hault and we sit there for ahile near 11 Mile.

First, people begin rolling down windows, then people turn their music up. Then, a bunch of people get of a car wearing Pistons jerseys. Someone yells: DEEETROIT BASKETBALL!!. More windows rolls down and people start banging the noisemakers together. Then more people, but not a lot got out of their vehicles and just kind of dance and shout to the music playing, celebrating the Detroit victory. Most stayed in their cars, but banged the noisemakers together outside their windows. It was short lived, as people got back in when traffic started to crawl a bit, but it was pretty sweet seeing that. Instead of people getting pissed off about a traffic jam they make the best of the situation and celebrate a Pistons victory. Way to go Detroit! :thumbsup:

word, that is kind of a creepy name for an arena. The worst one is Fifth Third Ballpark in Grand Rapids. As Far as bank names go Fifth Third is a crappy ass name, when they add it to things like baseball venues, it makes me want to hurl.