Thinking about moving to Providence?

Cotuit

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In philly they have this thing called "Design Nerds" for designers of all kinds. Basically similar to the "Geeks" are there any other groups with a theme like these.

I was also wondering if there are any good "indie" rock venues. I know about Lupo's but are there any small rock clubs around or other venues maybe even on the campuses?

Edited by edgarmousha

In philly they have this thing called "Design Nerds" for designers of all kinds. Basically similar to the "Geeks" are there any other groups with a theme like these.

I was also wondering if there are any good "indie" rock venues. I know about Lupo's but are there any small rock clubs around or other venues maybe even on the campuses?

Condo/house hunting yesterday around Federal Hill and Westminster Street, all I can say is how impressed I was with all the redone houses and tenements. Sure gentrification has its up and downs but damn that area is looking good, even from a few years ago!

without mentioning any insurance companies by name, or recommending one over the other, i can safely say that it will very much depend on where you live. I have found that its very expensive to have a car in Providence because of insurance and where i live (federal hill.) We ended up getting an ok enough rate through the mister's military background but just be aware that your zip code dictates your rate.

in other news, i finally got insurance on the scooter so i can register it and if it ever gets above freezing i can start driving that to work, which means more easy trips downtown for iced cafe americano at tazza and SHOPPPPPPING on westminster street which i have missed most terribly.

without mentioning any insurance companies by name, or recommending one over the other, i can safely say that it will very much depend on where you live. I have found that its very expensive to have a car in Providence because of insurance and where i live (federal hill.) We ended up getting an ok enough rate through the mister's military background but just be aware that your zip code dictates your rate.

in other news, i finally got insurance on the scooter so i can register it and if it ever gets above freezing i can start driving that to work, which means more easy trips downtown for iced cafe americano at tazza and SHOPPPPPPING on westminster street which i have missed most terribly.

With auto insurance you need to look not only who has the lowest premiums but also the level of customer satisfaction. You could save $50 a year and then when you have a claim you could find yourself getting nickled and dimed. This could easlily cancel out any savings and create a ton of stress. I'm pretty sure Consumer Reports does ratings for auto insurance.

With auto insurance you need to look not only who has the lowest premiums but also the level of customer satisfaction. You could save $50 a year and then when you have a claim you could find yourself getting nickled and dimed. This could easlily cancel out any savings and create a ton of stress. I'm pretty sure Consumer Reports does ratings for auto insurance.

While we're talking about transportation; I saw my first Smart Car two days ago in Tiverton. It was pulling into the Viti Mercedes Benz dealership (Daimler-Benz makes the Smart Car) It really is tiny, but cute. So, I guess they are available here in the US.

While we're talking about transportation; I saw my first Smart Car two days ago in Tiverton. It was pulling into the Viti Mercedes Benz dealership (Daimler-Benz makes the Smart Car) It really is tiny, but cute. So, I guess they are available here in the US.

Why is it that everytime I mention Camp Street to a Rhode Islander they grit their teeth? Is this typical RI cynicism and ignorance? Is it actually known to be a high crime area or do people just assume it is because it is a majority black neighborhood? I looked on Providence Plan's crime map and it's not any worse than Federal Hill, College Hill, etc. What's up?

Why is it that everytime I mention Camp Street to a Rhode Islander they grit their teeth? Is this typical RI cynicism and ignorance? Is it actually known to be a high crime area or do people just assume it is because it is a majority black neighborhood? I looked on Providence Plan's crime map and it's not any worse than Federal Hill, College Hill, etc. What's up?

Edited by jencoleslaw