Which city do you think has the best skyline?

daniel18

Which city do you think has the best skyline?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which city do you think has the best skyline?

• Chicago
    • New York

NY is way above Chicago. Chicago is way above any other city in the US. Houston is not even close. Its getting ridiculous to keep hearing Houston mentioned in these discussions. No offence but some people should really take some time and travel.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There really isn't much comparison in my mind in the U.S., with New York being the more impressive (full disclosure, I'm a native Hudson Valley NY'er). The skyline just goes on and on and on, with so many interesting angles, spots, and vantage points. In case you get bored, just have a gander across the river at the expanding Jersey City or East at Brooklyn. Having just been in Chicago last week, I will say that Chicago has the more straightforward and thus more easily photogenic skyline. From the top of the Navy Pier ferriswheel, it's really, really impressive. But compared to NY, it's kinda, well, small.

I know Houston always gets mentioned because of its skyscraper volume, but the architecture, zoning, and scaling is a mess. It just doesn't compare to world class skylines.

I have a soft spot for Vancouver, BC. There's really no focal point in the skyline, but it's just the contrast of the skyscraper density immediately surrounded by such natural beauty (mountains, water, parks, etc.). Very nice...

But otherwise, it's NY, no question.

Garris

Providence, RI

NY is way above Chicago.  Chicago is way above any other city in the US.  Houston is not even close.  Its getting ridiculous to keep hearing Houston mentioned in these discussions.  No offence but some people should really take some time and travel.

Yes New York OR Chicago is better than Houston, but NOT because of size, but because of architecture.

Would you still vote the same if NYC and Houston exchanged architecture ???

According to your philosophy, a hundred piles of crap can rank higher than 50 bricks of gold. <_<

Archived