New York City Pictures

A.H.Johnstone

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...

In the one photo looking across the river, what is the one lone skyscraper looming into the sky and what city is this?  Is this Newark or Paterson?  Please let me know.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's Queens, Long Island City.

The Citicorp Building, tallest in NYC outside of Manhattan (I think tallest in New York State outside of Manhattan).

That's Queens, Long Island City.

The Citicorp Building, tallest in NYC outside of Manhattan (I think tallest in New York State outside of Manhattan).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As far as I know, this is correct... The Citicorp Building is the tallest in NYS outside Manhattan (at like 670 ft), while I think the central tower of Empire State Plaza in Albany is the tallest outside of New York City, at 590 ft, I think. I'm not sure about some of the new White Plains Buildings, but I remember reading they were about 350 ft or so...

- Garris

Providence, RI

As far as I know, this is correct...  The Citicorp Building is the tallest in NYS outside Manhattan (at like 670 ft), while I think the central tower of Empire State Plaza in Albany is the tallest outside of New York City, at 590 ft, I think.  I'm not sure about some of the new White Plains Buildings, but I remember reading they were about 350 ft or so...

- Garris

Providence, RI

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, the Corning tower in Empire State Plaza, or as I will continue to call it, the Sony Playstation tower, is the tallest outside of NYC.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Heres one I took this past summer.

Link

I don't think webshots allows hotlinking (i.e. displaying an image on another website). Some free alternatives for hosting images online and displaying them on other sites (such as message boards like UrbanPlanet) include: Flickr, Photobucket, fotop, ImageShack, and UploadHut.

I personally use Flickr and Photobucket. UrbanPlanet has a Flickr Group for sharing photos.

PS: If you view the photo on webshots' site, then view this thread, your computer keeps the image in it's cache and shows it here, but others who haven't visited the webshots site, can't see it. It's an awesome shot by the way!

Archived