• Extreme Make Over
    • 2 1/2 Men
    • Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
    • Queer Eye For The Straigh Guy
    • Others

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frasier (well, I did watch it on TV, now I just watch the season DVDs)

Discoveries This Week (educational/current events)

Less Than Perfect

That's really about it, I do try to catch SNL from time to time and any educational shows that are one runs that interest me.

I almost never watch tv. I used to watch the news everyday, but I don't have time for that anymore. I catch a few interesting shows on the Discovery Channel or the History Channel from time to time, but that's about it. I haven't actually watched tv in almost three weeks now....

I have 26 season passes on my Tivo, so there are too many to name. a few favs. are Scrubs, The Apprentice, Arrested Development, and most of the shows on Adult Swim on Cartoon Network.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have problems watching TV without a Tivo, lol. My parents have one at home, and it basically revolutionized the way we watched TV. Now that I'm at school I don't have the luxury of being able to skip through commericals. :(

Oh well, I don't exactly have time to sit and watch TV all day anyway....

I have problems watching TV without a Tivo, lol.  My parents have one at home, and it basically revolutionized the way we watched TV.  Now that I'm at school I don't have the luxury of being able to skip through commericals.  :(

Oh well, I don't exactly have time to sit and watch TV all day anyway....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Heh, yeah I couldn't watch tv without a tivo now. But you can get yourself into trouble pretty fast with a tivo too. When I first got my tivo a few years ago, I was recording so much stuff that I would basically come home from work and just watch tv while working on my computer all night. It can be very addictive!

I take it that you've gone through multiple Tivos too, ezcheese? We've had three different ones, although my parents are looking to get a new one in a few months once the kitchen remodeling is complete. We started off with a really small one (like 10 hours or something), then got a new 30 hour one. The one we have now can hold just over 100 hours, which is enough now that I'm living at school. The new ones have some nice features that ours doesn't though.

I still have an older 30 hour one. It works fine for me, but i don't watch that much tv. The weird thing is that you helps you to realize what you really like and what you think you really like. Half the stuff I record I never get around to watching. I like the idea of watching it, but just never feel like actually watching it.

30 hours used to be enough for us, but then my dad started recording all these movies. And my brother records all these sports shows, which he gets around to watching about once per week. With movies and sports shows recording all the time, the 30 hour Tivo would fill up way too quick.

I take it that you've gone through multiple Tivos too, ezcheese?  We've had three different ones, although my parents are looking to get a new one in a few months once the kitchen remodeling is complete.  We started off with a really small one (like 10 hours or something), then got a new 30 hour one.  The one we have now can hold just over 100 hours, which is enough now that I'm living at school.  The new ones have some nice features that ours doesn't though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Believe it or not, I still have my original Series 1 20 hour model. I was originally going to swap out the hard drive for a bigger one but I never got around to it. You have to load a mini version of Linux and mess with some drivers on the new hard drive in order to get the Tivo system up and running. The series 1 is still going strong though!

Eventually, we will be upgrading to a new tivo in order to use a broadband connection. That way we can be rid of Bellsouth once and for all and switch completely over to Vonage.

Believe it or not, I still have my original Series 1 20 hour model. I was originally going to swap out the hard drive for a bigger one but I never got around to it. You have to load a mini version of Linux and mess with some drivers on the new hard drive in order to get the Tivo system up and running. The series 1 is still going strong though!

Eventually, we will be upgrading to a new tivo in order to use a broadband connection. That way we can be rid of Bellsouth once and for all and switch completely over to Vonage.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, my parents have a new series 2 Tivo in the family room, but upgraded our two older series 1 Tivos for the tv in the basement and one of the tvs upstairs.

hmmm I'd have to say iam a gimp for loving reality shows, Iam just tired of seeing stars in shows, Id rather see them in movies. but heres my list

Growing up gotti

Gastiuena Girl's ( I love Rich snubby girls)

Pimp my ride

Cribs

Sweet 16 (those kids are sooooo spoiled)

Survior

Amazing race (one of the best shows EVER)

Project runway

American Idol (I love to make fun of the people on there)

Anything on the History Channel

CNN News

Also I can get into some English comdey from the BBC.

Archived