Massive Jacksonville Photo thread

bobliocatt

riverwalk10bn.jpg

I recently posted three photo threads of Jacksonville in the City Photos section. Areas covered include, Downtown, Springfield, Riverside, Five Points, Avondale, San Marco, Murray Hill, Durkeeville, East Jacksonville, LaVilla, Mayport, Jacksonville Beach, Atlantic Beach and a photo of the St. Johns Town Center for you sprawl lovers.

You can use these links to access the photo threads!

Part 1 - Downtown & Springfield

Part 2 - San Marco, Durkeeville, East Jax, LaVilla, Riverside & Five Points

Part 3 - Avondale, The Beaches & Bonus Downtown skyline shots

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Northbank extension is so great! Walking its length provides many stunning angles of both sides of the Riverfront. This weekend, weather permitting, some friends and I will plop down on a bench or on the ground to study and then take a break, strolling to The Landing for a few alcoholic beverages. I recommend everyone see it while it is still in a prestine state.

Anywhere along the Northbank riverwalk.  Just park your car and walk toward the Acosta Bridge.  The closest parking lot, is off Riverside Ave, right behind the YMCA.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks. I knew the Riverwalk was extended but I did not know that it was elevated over the tracks. Now that I think about it, I did see a ramp going under the Acosta Bridge on the southern part of the Northbank, but I did not know what it was.

Archived