Best Skyline In Florida (Excluding Dade County)

RiversideGator

Which city has the best skyline?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Which city has the best skyline?

• Ft. Lauderdale
    • Jacksonville
    • Orlando
    • Tampa

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow i guess many ppl here are from Jacksonville though Tampa's Skyline is clearly better and has more tall buildings and better location. though one building in Jax is bigger its not by much and its just the roof which it taller but Jax has less tall buildings then Tampa and Jaxs best are Modis and Bank of America and Tampa's are 800 Ashley DR, Bank of America, etc. The Modis building is cool though it has that 80's uniqueness.

You need glasses if you say Jax has more buildings. :P

Tampa #1

Tampa6.jpg

Jacksonville#2

Jacksonville.jpg

Fort Lauderdale

Gtc.jpg

Orlando#4

No Picture

70 compared to 87 buildings.    That is what Emporis has listed.  Jacksonville seems to be doing well for a city with half the population of Tampa.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Uh i checked emporis it said Tampa has 87 buildings not Jacksonville

Actually Jacksonville is bigger just because the metro area includes St,Pete which is a seperate city lol and many suburbs its not bigger.

Heres a pic of Jax where are all the buildings?

Jacksonville2.jpg

Yes, it includes St Pete and much more but you realize that a large metro is enticing to developers don't you?

PS: Even that pic is missing Riverside.

Try this one from the oppoiste angle.

62sq.jpg

The distance of both our pics really takes away from the heights of the buildings though.

I picked Tampa's skyline over Jax's because its larger with more signature buildings located close to each other, creating a dense cluster. It will only get better with the new towers, like Trump's going up next to the other tall ones.

Imo, Jax would be second. It definately has a better and more impressive natural setting, but it suffers by having its skyline split by the river. The best skyline shots are from the Ortega River Bridge, the Hart Bridge and the Beaver Street viaduct in LaVilla. These are the only viewpoints I've come across where the two sides are merged into one.

Fort Lauderdale would be third. Its a pretty dense and rapidly growing skyline that has been underrated for some time.

Orlando's would be last. Its got a height limit and its too spread out.

I voted for Jax, for its variety.  Ft. Lauderdale was in a close second, mostly because of the Las Olas River House, lol.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tampa has more of a classic sky-line w/ the buildings' height and density, however, Jacksonville has much more potential for growth w/ their expansive riverfront.

Yes, it includes St Pete and much more but you realize that a large metro is enticing to developers don't you?

PS: Even that pic is missing Riverside.

Try this one from the oppoiste angle.

62sq.jpg

The distance of both our pics really takes away from the heights of the buildings though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats funny because St.Pete barely has anymore room to build stuff and if i found a pic of Tampa i could also find a pic with a few hi-rises a mile from downtown

Archived