Metropolitan Park Apartments - Construction

daniel nudnik

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

A quote from today's Rapid Growth article:

"Construction continues to progress on a new 24-unit apartment complex across from Heartside Park. The development, Metropolitan Park Apartments, is located at 350 Ionia and will add 24 new apartment units to the downtown market."

The complete article can be read here:

http://www.rapidgrowthmedia.com/developmen...troapt0406.aspx

A quote from today's Rapid Growth article:

"Construction continues to progress on a new 24-unit apartment complex across from Heartside Park. The development, Metropolitan Park Apartments, is located at 350 Ionia and will add 24 new apartment units to the downtown market."

The complete article can be read here:

http://www.rapidgrowthmedia.com/developmen...troapt0406.aspx

Is construction really progressing? I walked over there a couple weeks ago and the lot was still covered in weeds. Does anyone have a photo?

Is construction really progressing? I walked over there a couple weeks ago and the lot was still covered in weeds. Does anyone have a photo?

The entire foundation is finished. I haven't gotten a chance to get a photo, but if you go up on the Wealthy overpass, you get a great vantage point.

there was steel and forms on the site like 3 weeks ago... I saw someone taking pics last weekend, but I haven't a clue who it is.

I think you were looking at the one a little further North of this site. I have passed it a couple times myself. So many things going on down there it is easy to get mixed up. :) Take Ionia south until you basically hit the Wealthy Street brige over pass. The job site will be on your left, if you are driving southbound.

hmm...I must have been looking at the wrong lot. :blush:

I saw on the website for the apartments "Income Qualifications Apply". Does this mean it's going to be an income restricted project like Globe, Weston, and Lofts on Sheldon, and some of the other cool locations d/t that cater to the lower income brackets?

I saw on the website for the apartments "Income Qualifications Apply". Does this mean it's going to be an income restricted project like Globe, Weston, and Lofts on Sheldon, and some of the other cool locations d/t that cater to the lower income brackets?

My guess is that it has the same income limits as the Globe's section 42 program (One person is like 26 grand, two is like 32, etc). But I don't know that for sure. I beleive its partially funded by MSHDA, so perhaps its their guidelines. Perhaps lighthousedave can help? The rent is REALLY cheap for the location/size, I'm guessing the income limits are pretty low.

My guess is that it has the same income limits as the Globe's section 42 program (One person is like 26 grand, two is like 32, etc). But I don't know that for sure. I beleive its partially funded by MSHDA, so perhaps its their guidelines. Perhaps lighthousedave can help? The rent is REALLY cheap for the location/size, I'm guessing the income limits are pretty low.

That's what I was wondering. There seems to be no middle ground. Either REALLY cheap or REALLY expensive as far as apartments go d/t. Definately in the "prime" areas.

That's what I was wondering. There seems to be no middle ground. Either REALLY cheap or REALLY expensive as far as apartments go d/t. Definately in the "prime" areas.

Exactly - there is no middle ground in the dt area. That's why i was sad to see that the Hillmount was switching over because Hillmount and Oakwood were the only mid priced apartment complexes in the dt area.

Archived