Barnes & Nobles coming to the Valley

VeeFan

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll probably visit Barnes & Noble a few times. The few books I've bought this year have all been from Pages Bookstore, though. They really need to put a sign up. I bet a lot of people (drivers, at least) don't even notice the "open" sign in the window because they're used to that building being vacant, and on the outside it doesn't look any different than it had before.

I might mention the signage issue with the owner next time I stop by there. She said she expected business to start out slowly because the store opened in the middle of Winter, but I'm sure traffic would at least double with a nice-looking sign.

i was wondering, do you need permission from the flint journal to post articles here? I might post something when i see it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To expand on what Neo said, generally speaking, a summary of the article (or a short clip of the article), followed by a link to the story is prefered. I realize that it takes a bit more work on your part, but in reality, very few people want to read every single word of a long article. That is why posts that consist of copied and pasted articles from the newspaper don't usually get good forumer response. By posting a summary or a short clip that is only a few sentences, followed by the link and then your thoughts on the matter, some very good debates may arise.

This is stated in the rules, but really just serves as a guideline to forumers.

Archived