Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RiversideGator

Where do you live in Jax?

Where do you live in Jax?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you live in Jax?

• Downtown
    • Riverside
    • Avondale
    • Springfield
    • San Marco
    • Southside
    • Mandarin
    • Northside
    • NW Jacksonville
    • Beaches
    • Clay Co.
    • Out of town

I live off Southside Blvd, just south of JTB, in the Southside. I'd love to live in one of the Inner City hoods, but I won't be able too, until I make a little more money. In the meantime my location gives me great access to downtown and my job in Ponte Vedra.

Being that my wife is military, I currently do not reside in Jax at the moment but will return in 2008.

However, I have lived in Riverside (2 places), Southside (8 places), Mandarin, Northside, Jax Beach...you left out Westside (which I've also lived), Nassau County (lived there too) and St, Johns County.

Granted I know they limit you to 10 options.

Mandarin ... at least that's where I grew up, and where my family still lives.

Once I get out of school, I assume that I'll move back, but I'm not sure where. Most of the nicer urban areas will certainly be out of my price range.

Lived in arlington, but now in Mandrin. want to live in San Marco, but alas, I still cant quite afford that 3 story Mansion on the river. Oh well

Viper, we have one bldg on Post St, one on Forbes St and one on Cherry St (all N of Park). No vacancies currently though. I would like to by a multi-family in Springfield too. How is the rental market there though?

Lived in the following places growing up:

Westside (all areas)

Northside (dunn ave)

Riverside

Southside (atlantic Blvd)

Clay County (currently)

Im born and raised, can remember when JTB, Beach, and Atlantic were nothing but pine trees on the way to the beach.

BTW, anyone else think that the commercials stating "The" JTB just seem wrong? (The J. Turner Butler Blvd)

Do we call Atlantic: "The Atlantic" or Blanding "The Blanding"?

I think that sounds somewhat metropolitan. Where did you hear SR 202 referred to as The JTB? I've heard visitors asking for directions at gas stations call it Butler, J Turner, J Turner Butler and JTB. Maybe we could even come up with our own to confuse people even more.

I'll start:

J Turner Butler Blvd (SR 202) becomes Suburban Office Parkway (The SOP).

haha, that's pretty accurate too. I also think the Blvd moniker is not really adequate as it's a controlled access freeway for all the the traffic lights at Philips and 95.