• Beaches
    • Clay Co.
    • Out of town

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lakewood....probably within two miles of JaxInvestor. :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what? why the sad face? j/k...actually, that is probably a better location where i am...between Lakewood and Mandarin.... north of baymeadows & south of university. lived in this area since 2000. moved here in 99 and lived for 1 year on westside (blanding, near timuquana).

most commericals on Talk Radio stations seem to refer to it as "The" JTB. not the JTB.

Ive never really cared for the beach, its grown up way too much for me to enjoy any more. I still like hitting the beaches in St Augustine though, its still laid back like Jax Beach used to be.

I prefer the trees of the westside and clay county. Most of the houses tucked off of Doctor's Lake Drive all have nice trees. Mandarin has that feel but feels overcrowded to me.

"The JTB" is strange. It sounds like a California import to me, i.e. "the 10", "the PCH". Maybe it has made its way here with the rest of the California refugees.

By the way, I find it interesting that no one actually resides downtown who has posted here. Maybe we should put our money where our mouths are.

what?  why the sad face?  j/k...actually, that is probably a better location where i am...between Lakewood and Mandarin....  north of baymeadows & south of university.  lived in this area since 2000.  moved here in 99 and lived for 1 year on westside (blanding, near timuquana).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I also live in that general area, have seen it listed multiple ways, sometimes Lakewood, (Old) Baymeadows, San Jose, Beauclere <SP>, even San Marco. I mentioned in another post that I almost got one of the Cathedral townhomes but needed something with a more certain timing than they could provide at the time.

Rich

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow, I just realized there are other topics beyond those on the front page.

I currently reside in Springfield. I'm outside the historic district but according to the property appraiser's Web site, it's "New Springfield."

I'm a former resident of Powers Avenue, Timuquana, Riverside, Neptune Beach and Southside (Beach near St. Johns Bluff, UNF, Grove Park, Hellmeadows).

I had to go with "Out of Town" as I live in JCP (Julington Creek Plantation)...would that count as South Mandarin? ;)

Right after leaving UF and before we built out here we were renting right near the Compass Bank off of JTB near Southside. It's amazing what that area is like now...it only had three aparment complexes, the bank and the library near and around it. Now it's booming.

Similar to others, I would love to be in San Marco, but the wife isn't keen on the school situation and the $$$ needed to get into San Marco. Hopefully, when our office builds their new place in San Marco and my commute increases by 10 minutes, she will be open to moving closer...would save on gas! :thumbsup:

The 'Urb

There wasn't an "other" option, so i had to choose avondale (i live on the ortega river on the west side). I really want to live downtown somewhere (Riverpointe or the Lofts at East Union :wub: (that's my "i'm dreaming" face)) If it counts for anything, I'm currently trying to decide what type of architecture to study next year at UF. Any advice for a confused teen???

i picked avondale for lack of an "other" also, i'm just across roosevelt in murray hill from avondale.

As far as arc studies at UF, decide to spend more than four years-and by what type do you mean: architecture or landscape or building construction or do you mean stylistically? :)

There wasn't an "other" option, so i had to choose avondale (i live on the ortega river on the west side). I really want to live downtown somewhere (Riverpointe or the Lofts at East Union  :wub: (that's my "i'm dreaming" face)) If it counts for anything, I'm currently trying to decide what type of architecture to study next year at UF.  Any advice for a confused teen???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm a Land Planner/Graduate Architect working for a firm in Ponte Vedra.  I asked because I was wondering if you worked for ELM.  If so, our firms have an interesting history, from what I've heard from some in the office.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lake...yes, there has been interesting history between the two firms from what I have heard as well.

Paulk...plan to spend five years at UF if you go LA; it's now a five year Bachelor program. As for which profession...I decided on LA and not Arch because of the multiplicity of scale that LA's work in. Architects do so as well, but too often I saw the work as focused too much on the edifice and not the overall site and the overall context. If you don't address either of those properly, you haven't really done anyting right. That's my opinion though... ;)

And whether or not anyone believes it, I hardly ever work with plants. I know my stuff fairly well and can do LA design pretty quickly, but most of my work is planning and detail site design with very little "landscape design".

The 'Urb

Well, currently I live in Birmingham, but I'm moving to Jacksonville in June. Hopefully, I'll be staying at the Carling barring in unforseen obstacles. I didn't get a chance to look inside, but if it's anything like 11 E Forsyth it should be nice. It is suppose to open the first of June, but when I was talking to someone at the leasing office located in E Forsyth, she didn't sound absolutely sure that it would. I think she had her fingers crossed. So I'm hoping all goes well. I chose downtown because it would be very close to work (I hate traffic) and because of all the things I heard about the revitalization of the area. I stumbled upon this forum when I was searching for info about Jacksonville and I must say that I've really enjoyed all of the pics and articles. I knew very little about Jacksonville, but I feel I know a lot more than I did. I've only been to Jacksonville twice. First time for an interview and second time to look for an apartment.

I'm new to this posting thing, so I hope I'm doing this right.

- J

Archived