Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

brewerw

Fav. Nasvhille Building

46 members have voted

1. 1. Fav. Nasvhille Building

• L&C
    • Viridian
    • Snoodgrass
    • Financial Center
    • West End Summit
    • James K. Polk
    • City Center
    • Renaissance Hotel
    • AmSouth
    • Sheraton
    • Palmer Plaza

Viper    0

Pick your Favorite

Bell South was left out on purpose to make it more interesting.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!.

*pretends to be a noob*

I choose the Batman building cause its |337.

satalac    491

Viridian, and then SNODGRASS!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i knew you were gonna say snodgrass!!! :rofl: there is some charm to the ol tennessee tower though. still wish they'd write messages with the lights again.

TopTenn    0

I pick west end summit even tho its not set in stone i can wait until it goes up.

I would have pick the batman, i guess they left it out so its poll could be even.

I have a question about the tennessee tower are those tree on top of the building>>???

DallasTexan    0

Yes, there are trees at the top of the tower, along with a restaurant for politicians. I had the honor of going up there in 2001 with a delegation of students who represented the state government for some event -- I forget what it was... but anyway, the whole thing is out of the 70s -- the dining room has yellow shag carpeting, black wrought-iron chandeliers complete with bronze glass globes, faux wood paneling, and hideous pictures of old Tennessee politicans on the walls.

Gag.

If your wonderign who voted for AmSouth, it was me! One reason I voted for the cement cheesegrater was because that light on the top of it at night is really cool. The other reason is, well, because my mom works there. Not a good reason, but someone has to mention the building.

TopTenn    0

I still think its not fair that the batman got left out. I know we want to make this a close race but the fact of the matter is that the batman is not only the best skyscraper in nashville but its one of the best in the country and the world...

satalac    491

I still think its not fair that the batman got left out. I know we want to make this a close race but the fact of the matter is that the batman is not only the best skyscraper in nashville but its one of the best in the country and the world...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the batman is kinda ugly if you ask me. i know a lot of architects that don't like it at all (except those at earl swinson). sure it's a nashville landmark now, but i'm waiting for a landmark i can be proud of. hopefully the signature will be what we need.

DallasTexan    0

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yikes. Just yikes.

satalac, I agree. Batman is gaudy.

satalac    491

It was a tie between City Center and Financial Center, but I chose Financial Center.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that's exactly what i thought too claws. and top tenn, no offence, it's just ugly. i'm hoping they build something taller in front of it. :D

TopTenn    0

Hey, I finally agree with Heckles about something. I wish they would have made the batman taller and the batman has a brother in melborne Aus...that looks just like it...

satalac    491

Hey, I finally agree with Heckles about something. I wish they would have made the batman taller and the batman has a brother in melborne Aus...that  looks just like it...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the one in australia was built first i believe. wonder if earl swinson did some traveling before he thought of the bellsouth building.......... :P

rocket9561    0

the one in australia was built first i believe. wonder if earl swinson did some traveling before he thought of the bellsouth building.......... :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I actually like BellSouth better than that one..