• City Center
    • Renaissance Hotel
    • AmSouth
    • Sheraton
    • Palmer Plaza

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, there are trees at the top of the tower, along with a restaurant for politicians. I had the honor of going up there in 2001 with a delegation of students who represented the state government for some event -- I forget what it was... but anyway, the whole thing is out of the 70s -- the dining room has yellow shag carpeting, black wrought-iron chandeliers complete with bronze glass globes, faux wood paneling, and hideous pictures of old Tennessee politicans on the walls.

Gag.

I still think its not fair that the batman got left out. I know we want to make this a close race but the fact of the matter is that the batman is not only the best skyscraper in nashville but its one of the best in the country and the world...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the batman is kinda ugly if you ask me. i know a lot of architects that don't like it at all (except those at earl swinson). sure it's a nashville landmark now, but i'm waiting for a landmark i can be proud of. hopefully the signature will be what we need.

I still think its not fair that the batman got left out. I know we want to make this a close race but the fact of the matter is that the batman is not only the best skyscraper in nashville but its one of the best in the country and the world...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yikes. Just yikes.

satalac, I agree. Batman is gaudy.

Hey, I finally agree with Heckles about something. I wish they would have made the batman taller and the batman has a brother in melborne Aus...that  looks just like it...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the one in australia was built first i believe. wonder if earl swinson did some traveling before he thought of the bellsouth building.......... :P

Archived