• Baton Rouge,LA
    • St.Petersburg,FL
    • Savannah,GA
    • Corpus Christi,TX
    • Other please list

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True, but you also have to put in account that there are about 7 cities in this region and they all compete against eachother. Theres no way they would let Norfolk itself become a big powerhouse. But Norfolk is doing some great infilling right now and with projects such as Traders and Harborview(i think) there skyline is going to be drasticly improving. Also too mention that Portsmouth has a nice lil skyline along with Va Beach.

Shoot we got alot more coming. Somewhere around 10-12 more high rises coming up!

How does that make any sense? Nashville's metro(1.3 or 1.4 million) is over double the metro of Knoxville.

Because Nashville's skyline doesn't reflect it's size, just yet, either. I didn't pick Nashville as underdog because it has vertical impressiveness and is in a transformation right now that will leave its skyline unrecognizeable in five years (in a good way).

I place Huntsville 1st and Knoxville a close second. Huntsville's skyline is very underdeveloped for a city with a metro approaching 400,000. Knoxville has many mid and low rises, but is certainly lacking in highrises for a metro of 655,000. It's skyline should resemble that of Nashville's by now.

Well, Knoxville's been around longer. Huntsville, it makes sense that there aren't that many highrises in town, cause most of Huntsville economic base comes from Military and Space industries. I don't know if there's one small bank based there. Banks definitely don't hold a large presence in Huntsville.

Greensboro, NC for sure even over Birmingham. Birmingham has an estimated population of about 236,620. Greensboro as an estimated population of 240,000.

which needs the most improvement?

Greensboro skyline

HTL0017.jpg

Birmingham skyline

skyline2.jpg

Sorry, Greensboro is nice but Birmingham has gotcha beat by a nice margin. I've been to DT G'boro and it's a lot like Chattanooga to me.

Sorry, Greensboro is nice but Birmingham has gotcha beat by a nice margin. I've been to DT G'boro and it's a lot like Chattanooga to me.

I still think many are confused on this thread. Which city needs the most improvement for its size, not which is the best for its size.

^The title seems to ask which underdog city has the best skyline, not which skyline needs the most improvement (with respect to the size of the city/metro). With that in mind, I would definitely say Greensboro as well as Baton Rouge. Mobile's getting a big boost with the RSA tower.

I think Mobile has the best skyline for their size. I mean, a 700+ tower is tall for 190,000 is a lot, and even though I think it's kind of cheating to have it that tall and only 35 stories and have a huge spire is kinf of cheating, I still like the design overall. :thumbsup:

Now as Richyb83 said,Baton Rouge definetly doesn't have a skyline for it's size, but provided there be no more hurricanes that will all change. Maybe Baton Rouge can learn something from Mobile and just build a 30-40 story building with a huge spire. :P

Archived