POSTPONED: 110 Westminster Street

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To the often quoted point of an over-saturated loft and condominum market in downtown Providence. Well its probably a little selfish to say that if the market is completely oversaturated (which I doubt but if) and they cant sell them all, then maybe the prices will fall enough for some of us dreamers to afford.

To the often quoted point of an over-saturated loft and condominum market in downtown Providence.  Well its probably a little selfish to say that if the market is completely oversaturated (which I doubt but if) and they cant sell them all, then maybe the prices will fall enough for some of us dreamers to afford.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well the developers are all saying that the Providence area is underserved of luxury condo's. I doubt anyone one of them would spend millions of dollars if this wasen't true. And what lender would give money to them if they couldn't provide proof that their project would succeed.

Well the developers are all saying that the Providence area is underserved  of luxury condo's. I doubt anyone one of them would spend millions of dollars if this wasen't true. And what lender would give money to them if they couldn't provide proof that their project would succeed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ive been looking at some of the condo's already downtown, Avalon, Jefferson, and the Regency, all 3 of them have a waiting list. jefferson, witch i would rank sencond behind Avalon, has a waiting list of 50 names starting in Jan. Avalon has one - one - bedroom apt, then a pent house, then the waiting list starts in OCT. the didnt tell me how many people were on the list. The Regency was telling me that the turnover there was about twenty apts, they did however have a few units open, but all one bed.

Ive been looking at some of the condo's already downtown, Avalon, Jefferson, and the Regency, all 3 of them have a waiting list. jefferson, witch i would rank sencond behind Avalon, has a waiting list of 50 names starting in Jan. Avalon has one - one - bedroom apt, then a pent house, then the waiting list starts in OCT. the didnt tell me how many people were on the list. The Regency was telling me that the turnover there was about twenty apts, they did however have a few units open, but all one bed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Jefferson, Regency and Avalon are all apartments, not condo's.

Mij look at Wesminster ( Peerless etc ) i think you will be impressed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My father-inlaw has an awsome place at the alice whit bld. "I like alot." I havn't looked in a while but i sure all those are also on a waiting list...

My father-inlaw has an awsome place at the alice whit bld. "I like alot." I havn't looked in a while but i sure all those are also on a waiting list...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi all-

Remember I told you that BlueChip told me that they were adding 3 floors (to 35 floors and 393') plus a lighted tower to reach "well over 400 feet".

I wonder when the new renderings will surface? Any ideas or info?

Hi all-

Remember I told you that BlueChip told me that they were adding 3 floors (to 35 floors and 393') plus a lighted tower to reach "well over 400 feet".

I wonder when the new renderings will surface? Any ideas or info?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whoa! I think I almost wet myself a little. :lol: Now let's see the new renderings.

when will they actually be building this? i want some renderings....................errrrrr, they like playing with us

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed! It really isn't all that far off schedule. From what I can gather, the developer really wanted the delay. At 390+ feet, it will have the highest living quarters between Boston and New York. I'm sure that's a title they are shooting for and hopefully this will be a signature tower for them. We're really only talking a few weeks here. All of us are just excited about it.

Peerless does not yet have a wait list but I dont know what's open ( price ranges ) I can tell you though that Peerless is a heck of alot cheaper than Avalon with more sqf.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

isn't that new residential tower being built in hartford going to be 460-ish feet tall?? maybe not hartford.. new haven?? somewhere in CT.

Either way, I definately see this as a "whose got the tallest residential tower in the northest" kinda thing, which I love ;)

OK, it is hartford.. "hartford 21" 36 floors, which has already started it's construction with steal going up in height as I type. Any thoughts about this development possibly stealing residents from our upcoming projects here in providence?? Or is it too far away?

isn't that new residential tower being built in hartford going to be 460-ish feet tall?? maybe not hartford.. new haven?? somewhere in CT.

Either way, I definately see this as a "whose got the tallest residential tower in the northest" kinda thing, which I love ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Typical male. Always comparing :whistling:

Last I heard 110 Westminster was actually ahead of schedule. When they originally announced the project groundbreaking was to be in December, last word was November.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was surprised when GTECH broke ground in December. I can always remember construction projects rushing to get into the ground before the cold weather set in.

Well, in this case, groundbreaking will actually mean a fair amount of demolition first, then probably some utility relocation, and other site prep stuff. But yeah, it is kind of weird to start work in winter.

Erecting steel in the winter is not a problem. When winter is a problem is while doing masonry work outside the following winter and the CM then has to enclose the whole structure and heat it - multo expensivo! It's not when you start it - it's about meeting certain milestones of the project at the right time throughout construction and of course, when the goal for completion is.

Last I heard 110 Westminster was actually ahead of schedule. When they originally announced the project groundbreaking was to be in December, last word was November.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Remember I told you that BlueChip Properties told me (as a inquiry response)that they were increasing the height from 360' to 393' (32 to 35 floors) and a lighted tower bringing it to "well over 400 feet"?

Any confirmation of renderings of the new plans yet?

Erecting steel in the winter is not a problem.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True, but I don't think they'll actually get to any steel before May. If they start in November, they have a lot of demo to do in tight quarters. The Buck-a-Book building is right up against the Arcade, 110 Westminster is only about 8 feet from Turks Head, and the building on Weybosset they want to save the facade of, so that will require a lot of bracing and delicate work. There's also other buildings along Weybosset on site that aren't going anywhere that they need to be careful of. And all this time they need to keep Westminster and Weybosset open to traffic (I would assume, at least Weybosset, there's bus routes there).

Then they have utility work to do I'd assume, removing the utilities that went to the demolished buildings, upgrading for the new tower.

Then they need to work on footings and on and on... May is probably optimistically early for steel. GTECH started in December, and when did we get steel there, April? And GTECH had none of the site issues that 110 will.

They're probably looking to start this winter so that they can beat next winter.

Any confirmation of renderings of the new plans yet?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I haven't seen anything.

Archived