Lil' Rhody Lounge | Off-topic posting

Cotuit

waterfire was awesome on saturday, and the crowd was unbelievable.

Alwys glad to see that.

normally i park in the gov't lots next to the state house, but they were full.  luckily the big grassy lot in front of the train station was open (across teh street from the cheesecake side of the mall) for parking  I couldn't belive that they let cars park there on the grass.  the standard waterfire music is getting repetitive and boring. Don't look for change anytime soon. Many have made those some comments.

but i really hope they don't put a restaurant in there that blocks one of the walkways like at citizen's plaza.  There is a restaurant going in there and I believe it will be a seperate building from the rest of the project. The design of the roof caused some controversy becasue some critics (Brussat) said it resembled Sister Bertrill's hat in the Flying Nun.  we got pizza at rocco's (on admiral st, one of the best pizza's in teh city) Haven't been there yet. Will have to try it.

i personally love smokey bones (i know a lot of people aren't fans of the chain restaurants in the mall, but this one is good).  i have never seen a wait at that place except the night i went to the PC-UConn basketball game.  i don't understand why all the other restaurants in the mall have an hour wait while you can just walk in and be seated here.

I liked the restaurant that was there before they opened. It was a Hop's Brewery. I think the location might have hurt it, but I did just noticed that their Warwick location has closed as well.

i hope it doesn't close, it's good, cheap bbq.

Have you tried Wes' Rib House In Onlyville yet?

these hecklers drive me nuts.  i don't know what these kids think or how they were raised, but what's the point in screaming insults at someone you don't know?  i was running one night on high service ave  in north prov and someone drove by and yelled something at me.  i just don't get it.

A jerk is a jerk is a jerk!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

haven't been to wes's, but lj's bbq on douglas ave is awesome and the people there are unbelievable. it's just north of the douglas/admiral intersection.

i think the next bbq i'm gonna try is stickyfingers, also on douglas (because i have a coupon and i've haerd good things about it).

haven't been to wes's, but lj's bbq on douglas ave is awesome and the people there are unbelievable.  it's just north of the douglas/admiral intersection.

i think the next bbq i'm gonna try is stickyfingers, also on douglas (because i have a coupon and i've haerd good things about it).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I haven't been to Sticky Fingers in years! But trust me, if you go to Wes' you won't ever go back to any of the other place.

http://www.wesribhouse.com/

haven't been to wes's, but lj's bbq on douglas ave is awesome and the people there are unbelievable.  it's just north of the douglas/admiral intersection.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wes's is very good, but I give two thumbs up to LJ's BBQ as well. I'm not the biggest BBQ fan, but LJ's can convert me...

- Garris

What/where is Lj's?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LJ's is a small bbq place on douglas ave right near where admiral and douglas cross (it's just north of admiral). it seems to be run by a husband/wife team that have been doing this for years (although i think their location here is relatively new). the food is really good and you get good portions too.

I find CraigsList to be very useful, they got tons of 1 bdrm

And of course the map you posted was really helpful

^_^

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

housing maps is great. and craigslist too.

i've also found some listed on various college sites. you might be able to fudge it a bit and say you're a student or prospective student and ask their off-campus living office if they have any suggestions or listings. some landlords submit them to the schools. brown has a nice page.

LJ's is a small bbq place on douglas ave right near where admiral and douglas cross (it's just north of admiral).  it seems to be run by a husband/wife team that have been doing this for years (although i think their location here is relatively new).  the food is really good and you get good portions too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A co-worker of mine who loves chicken wings swears that Phat Wings on Admiral St near Chad Brown has the best wings he's ever had.

Here's a question for all of you...

Are there any good Wi-fi spots anywhere in the city? With some of my more freeform work time, I'd love to take my laptop around town to work, rather than be tethered to my house or hospital.

Free is, of course, preferred :).

- Garris

Are there any good Wi-fi spots anywhere in the city?  With some of my more freeform work time, I'd love to take my laptop around town to work, rather than be tethered to my house or hospital.

- Garris

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

starbucks? i saw a website that displayed wi-fi hotspots in an area. i'll try to find it and post it.

Are there any good Wi-fi spots anywhere in the city?  With some of my more freeform work time, I'd love to take my laptop around town to work, rather than be tethered to my house or hospital.

- Garris

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Free WiFi

Have you consider Verizon's EDVO? broadband speed almost anywhere (at least they claim to be)

Speaking of Internet...

Googles personalized homepage now lets you add RSS feeds... And unlike Yahoo's personalized RSS supporting homepage, the UP feed appears to work!

More good news to give props to Yahoo, they bought Konfabulator and made it FREE.

Geeks rejoice! :silly:

Edited by matt

Well, let's see what Mr. Brussat had to say about last Saturday nights music session.

http://www.projo.com/opinion/columnists/co...s.17c2f55f.html

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

could he have possibly used "boogie" anymore in that column? and was it supposed to be about the sound session or the night life in general? and what was up with going on and on about the hotel providence?