Cotuit

Lil' Rhody Lounge | Off-topic posting

Any merchant seen charging an additional fee to pay by credit card should be reported. http://consumerist.com/tag/credit-cards/?i...our-credit-card

Jim, I'm not awhere of this. Like I said, I can remember motorist paying more for using a credit card, as opposed to using cash. Jim, this is the way it was in the 80's, 90's. Don't you remember. I can't beleive that news reporters are just remembering it now.

Jim, I'm not awhere of this. Like I said, I can remember motorist paying more for using a credit card, as opposed to using cash. Jim, this is the way it was in the 80's, 90's. Don't you remember. I can't beleive that news reporters are just remembering it now.

i didn't have a credit card in the 80's or 90's (well, i got one in like 98-99).

I guess this is just totally off topic :ph34r:

This is really weird, even for theAnk. :silly: But I have to wonder if it's even legal.

UPS driver gets special, final delivery

http://www.boston.com/news/odd/articles/20...elivery?mode=PF

I'm not seeing a problem, I'm assuming he got clearance from his supervisors. My great-grandmother was FedEx'd from Oregon when she died.

It probably saved the family money not having to rent a hearse as well (funeral homes charge you for everything).

You know what I just recently found out about posting obits @ projo. You actually have to pay them $ 2/300 to print your loved one's obit. I never knew that. Pic or no pic. I think that this should be a free service to the public and a nice corporate gesture. Funeral expensives are enough for grieving families members. But I'm inclined to believe that this is a relatively new deal as I don't remember this being an issue when I was a child and older family members were dropping. What a shame. What the hell do family members do, whom basically have little or nothing, do when a family member leaves this rock for the next life?

You know what I just recently found out about posting obits @ projo. You actually have to pay them $ 2/300 to print your loved one's obit. I never knew that. Pic or no pic. I think that this should be a free service to the public and a nice corporate gesture. Funeral expensives are enough for grieving families members. But I'm inclined to believe that this is a relatively new deal as I don't remember this being an issue when I was a child and older family members were dropping. What a shame. What the hell do family members do, whom basically have little or nothing, do when a family member leaves this rock for the next life?

to get just about anything printed in a paper, you have to pay. you probably don't remember this being an issue when you were a kid because you were a kid and didn't have to worry about that kind of stuff.

Obits in the projo were free up until about 2-3years ago when BELO started to take control of the paper.

to get just about anything printed in a paper, you have to pay. you probably don't remember this being an issue when you were a kid because you were a kid and didn't have to worry about that kind of stuff.

paying for obits is relatively new. It is one of the reasons why funeral homes have really jumped onto the whole "online guest book" and funeral listing thing.

Holy Moly! Watch the video on the homepage of Tourisme Montreal!

http://www.tourisme-montreal.org/

Now try to resist going to Montreal.

Been there, done that. Nice video. But there's nothing like experiencing Montreal at 3am on St. Catherine St. when all the bars let out. I've never seen anthing quite like it. :shok:

Anyone hear about the drunk last week who broke all state records and come in and blew a .491? Well yesterday I came in at a close second, and blew .387. :shok:

Edited by Frankie811

Anyone hear about the drunk last week who broke all state records and come in and blew a .491? Well yesterday I came in at a close second, and blew .387. :shok:

Wow, Frankie! You weren't driving, were ya? :scared:

there was a report shortly after that of a guy who blew a .9. i'm not sure if it was true or not.

there was a report shortly after that of a guy who blew a .9. i'm not sure if it was true or not.

While most consider this to be lethal BAC, there was a report in 2005 in Europe of someone blowing .91.

I had a breathalyzer in college for fun, the highest I ever hit was .28, you guys are champs! I didn't have to drive in college though...

Can we get rid of VaJayJay Day? I can't find anyplace to have lunch. Who has VaJayJay Day off anyway, state workers, union members, and lunch ladies?

Can we get rid of VaJayJay Day? I can't find anyplace to have lunch. Who has VaJayJay Day off anyway, state workers, union members, and lunch ladies?

and college employees obviously. :)

the mall was mobbed this afternoon. i imagine it's more than just a few people with the day off. i like it. it gives me a long weekend in august, which is a nice break right before the semester starts.

I don't have the day off, it is a floating holiday for me, moves to December.

I don't have the day off, it is a floating holiday for me, moves to December.

we got 13 holidays, including victory day and the day before and after thanksgiving. but they usually give us another 2 with christmas eve and new year's eve. the wife works at brown and gets the days between christmas and new years (though i usually just use those as vacation days).

President-elect Barack Obama is urging Congress to postpone the Feb. 17 switch from analog to digital television broadcasting, arguing that too many Americans who rely on analog TV sets to pick up over-the-air channels won't be ready.

President-elect Barack Obama is urging Congress to postpone the Feb. 17 switch from analog to digital television broadcasting, arguing that too many Americans who rely on analog TV sets to pick up over-the-air channels won't be ready.

Right, so the answer is to keep delaying so people will never be forced to be ready... :thumbsup:

Is TV a necessity or a luxury? I'm confused...

On a side note, Ireland is becoming the first developed country to ban incandescent lightbulbs. The US is following suit - by 2014 (when the rest of the world will probably be 100% LED) we will have 30% efficient incandescent lightbulbs. Go America!