Lil' Rhody Lounge | Off-topic posting

Cotuit

Subforum-centric RSS feeds are being rolled out for UrbanPlanet.

Many people have asked for it, and now it's here. An RSS feed unique to the Providence Forum. Neo announced the roll out of feeds for each subforum in this thread.

To reach the Providence feed, click the orange XML link at the bottom left of the screen (not the one at the top right, that's a feed for the entire site). A menu will drop down and you can click the section you want (or copy the URL) and paste it into your favourite feed reader. Or you can just click on my sig to get the feed URL. Right now there is not a feed for the PVD Projects & Construction subforum, but there should be one soon.

Still don't know what RSS is?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Subforum-centric RSS feeds are being rolled out for UrbanPlanet.

Many people have asked for it, and now it's here. An RSS feed unique to the Providence Forum. Neo announced the roll out of feeds for each subforum in this thread.

To reach the Providence feed, click the orange XML link at the bottom left of the screen (not the one at the top right, that's a feed for the entire site). A menu will drop down and you can click the section you want (or copy the URL) and paste it into your favourite feed reader. Or you can just click on my sig to get the feed URL. Right now there is not a feed for the PVD Projects & Construction subforum, but there should be one soon.

Still don't know what RSS is?

WOOHOO!!! :yahoo:

btw, google personalized homepages let you add RSS feeds by clicking "create a section"

• 2 weeks later...

And we think we have a lot of projects in Providence... Check out this 3D model of future San Diego projects posted in the UP photos section. WOW!!!

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...iew=getlastpost

- Garris

"Wow" is right. The craziest part is the accompanying line, "Not all project models are included, but you get the idea."

If the economics hold up, I could see the Jewelry District and the reclaimed I-195-relocation acreage being a smaller version of this leve of development.

Thanks for posting it.

Jack

Is something big coming to the Dunk? I saw a few people camped out front this morning.

Please tell me they are not camping out for Aerosmith.

i think aerosmith went on sale a while ago (the show is next week)... it could be for fallout boy (although i think that was on sale already too) or the trans-siberian orchestra (who is supposed to be amazing).

aerosmith puts on a great show, but they're not worth the prices they charge...

http://www.beloblog.com/ProJo_Blogs/shenew...11/firefox.html

i think aerosmith went on sale a while ago (the show is next week)... it could be for fallout boy (although i think that was on sale already too) or the trans-siberian orchestra (who is supposed to be amazing).

aerosmith puts on a great show, but they're not worth the prices they charge...

http://www.projo.com/music/content/projo_2...13.214291d.html

I saw the most ridiculous thing yesterday while driving down none other than Route 2 in Warwick. This is crazy even for Rhode Island: a DOUBLE drive-thru Dunkin Donuts. Yes, that's right, TWO drive thru windows, one on each side, and no way to actually go into the building itself to order. And, this new DD is literally no less than a tenth of a mile from another DD. Check it out folks, it's automobile sprawl at its worse.

I saw the most ridiculous thing yesterday while driving down none other than Route 2 in Warwick. This is crazy even for Rhode Island: a DOUBLE drive-thru Dunkin Donuts. Yes, that's right, TWO drive thru windows, one on each side, and no way to actually go into the building itself to order. And, this new DD is literally no less than a tenth of a mile from another DD. Check it out folks, it's automobile sprawl at its worse.

there's been one of those on mineral spring in north prov for about a year and a half now...

I saw the most ridiculous thing yesterday while driving down none other than Route 2 in Warwick. This is crazy even for Rhode Island: a DOUBLE drive-thru Dunkin Donuts. Yes, that's right, TWO drive thru windows, one on each side

That's soooooo funny. I'll have to go down there myself to see. :rofl:

Edited by Frankie811

Not to try to get too political, but I was just reading this ProJo article about the firing of Gerald "Jerry" Florio who is described as the "snow-removal, trash supervisor" at the DPW. Apparently many in the City Council are "outraged." I suppose none of them have to walk in Providence after a snowfall.

Are you underage? If so, then try Bar One (Steeple St. I think? one of those right off South Main) and Remi's (Westminster St). Or you can always go to the Complex, Ultra or Diesel and get in but not drink. If you are actually 21 then I'd try Kartabar on Thayer Street, Fish Company or even RiRa.

The best is during Waterfire though, when they have the outdoor bars set up by GTECH and the courthouse. Nothing beats drinking outside and not getting a fine for it. Or you can always go to Downtown Liquors, buy a handle and dump it into some Del's lemonade, that's always a good time....

Hey guys, just moved here Oct. 1st. College student who just left Worcester. What are good pubs/bars (not clubs) downtown? So far I've only been to Fish Co.

Ok... First, which college? This may make a difference. For example, when it snows, and you just want to walk a couple blocks, location is everything. If you're a PC student, you'll quickly become familiar with Bradley Cafe and the Abbey. If you're not... you'll probably never go there. :)

In addition to whats been mentioned...

Are you a beer drinker?

I second the Trinity Brew House and their IPA.

Do you have a car? If so, make it a point to visit the Newport Storm Brewery in Middletown.

Blakes is cool.

McFaddens is CRAZY on a Saturday night. Get there before 10 to avoid cover charge.

Like Martinis? Try Olives. Maybe Tazza.

Like paying too much? Try Moda.

Dave and Busters can be fun, but loud.

When you say no clubs, do you mean you don't like to dance or don't like it to be loud?

Eliminating loud gets rid of most of the popular places, like RiRa and McFadden's.

For quieter places which aren't quite dive bars, try the Wickenden Pub and The Wild Colonial.