Lil' Rhody Lounge | Off-topic posting

Cotuit

There is a sandwich shop on Benefit north of Angel - Geoff's I think it is? I've never been. Maybe Gourmet-Garris could comment?

Geoff's is pretty good, a little pricey. They may have their sidewalk tables set up today.

There's already a few things starting to bud up at Prospect Park.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so i made a purchase just now at bestbuy.com

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1118844389765

they also had a 7.1 mp version with a DIGIC II processor, but I didnt get that one. Big mistake?!?!?!? lemme know :)

that camera is TINY. it's nice if you like small. the only thing the SD line (digital elph) lacks is a better zoom. i am pretty sure they have the same functionality of the other A line (the bigger one garris and i talked about).

for what you need, 5 MP is probably way more than enough. the average user doesn't really need more than 3MP and even that's a lot.

Runawayjim is correct about the megapixels. Camera makers have turned megapixels into marketing...

"Hey, hon, this camera is 6 megapixels, but this one next to it is 8 megapixels. It's $200 more, but probably better, right?"

Unless you're going to do mega-cropping of images or unless you want to images greater than 8X10, more than 3 megapixels is largely unnecessary...

- Garris

Just wanted to say thanks again for the suggestions. We parked at the corner of College St and Prospect, similar to what was suggested. We walked around and looped back to Prospect Park where I had been meaning to go and hadn't gotten a chance to. Fantastic view, and the weather was beautiful. After that we headed down to Benefit and ate at the deli "Geoff's" that Matt suggested. Very good sandwich actually, and they really _really_ load on the meat. I think I had half a pound of salami on mine.

I also finally saw the Fellini's Pizzeria that I've heard some of you rave about, so it's good to know where that is now. All in all it was a fun little time out in the sun.

It's showing fine for me.

Go into "My Controls" near the top of the page, then click "Board Settings" under "Options" on the left.

Make sure your timezone is set to "GMT - 5:00 hours Eastern Time US & Canada..." then make sure you've ticked the box for Auto Correct DST.

It's showing fine for me.

Go into "My Controls" near the top of the page, then click "Board Settings" under "Options" on the left.

Make sure your timezone is set to "GMT - 5:00 hours Eastern Time US & Canada..." then make sure you've ticked the box for Auto Correct DST.

i did that... and it's displaying the current time as 12:46

I generally prefer Canons as well. Their consumer lenses are usually excellent and crisp. My previous camera was a 3 megapixel Canon A70 (about 210 dollars in 2003). About 25% of the shots on my website were with that camera. I challenge you to figure out which were from the A70 and which from my $900 Canon digital SLR...

Personally, if I had to recommend any camera line, it would be the Canon A-Powershot line. The exact one Cotuit uses, actually (or whatever the most updated one is, I think the A700). It's a great point-and-shoot, but is powerful enough to do everything you wanted and to grow with you as your skills and desires expand. You can also buy lens adaptors for it for additional zoom and additional wide angles. The downside is they tend to be a bit bulkier than most point-and-shoots.

Here's a website for the line: http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controlle...fcategoryid=113

Also, check out www.dpreview.com for sickeningly detailed reviews of digital cameras.

Hope this helps!

- Garris

Just got my camera in the mail!!! Can't wait to take it out to Providence. I'm curious how I might be able to get some pictures from high veiwpoints such as near the top floors of the westin or the BOA bldg.

Just got my camera in the mail!!! Can't wait to take it out to Providence. I'm curious how I might be able to get some pictures from high veiwpoints such as near the top floors of the westin or the BOA bldg.

Westin you need a room key to go to the upper floors, so get a room. BOA is private, you need to know someone. The ballroom on the top floor of the Biltmore is open to the public, just get on the elevator and go to the top.

I want to see some photos of Cranston. I know there's some urban areas of town, show 'em off to us. :thumbsup:

Westin you need a room key to go to the upper floors, so get a room. BOA is private, you need to know someone. The ballroom on the top floor of the Biltmore is open to the public, just get on the elevator and go to the top.

I want to see some photos of Cranston. I know there's some urban areas of town, show 'em off to us. :thumbsup:

okies!