Lil' Rhody Lounge | Off-topic posting

Cotuit

as interesting in wasting time today as I am?

Check this out:

Google sightseeing

And, just for jen, look at what the trees are doing in Pripyat, the town that was abandoned after the Chernobyl disaster.

Trees taking over!

I think people tend to give human adaptability too much credit. Humans still can't live near Chernobyl, but it seems that the wildlife can.

Edited by brick

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as someone who was done runned over by a car by the mall, i have to say that i feel unsafe in any mode of transport these days, but do believe that i can at least keep up with traffic in a scooter and i have a much higher profile than if i was riding a bike.

however, the point is moot as i have yet to get the courage to ride the scooter outside of the driveway and parking area of the house. :lol:

Probably a good decision on a day like today. First the tractor trailer rollover this morning, then coming home just now I passed three separate accidents on 95...

Is it a full moon or something?

Probably a good decision on a day like today. First the tractor trailer rollover this morning, then coming home just now I passed three separate accidents on 95...

Is it a full moon or something?

in the 3/4 mile trip to work, i saw an accident... head on collision. the idiot turned into the left side of the road and hit the car at the light head on (either htat or drove straight across and ended up on the left side and hit the other car head on, but it wasn't that bad). either way, it was a really stupid accident, probably a result of people talking on the cell while driving... i wish they would restrict that in RI!! it's worse here than anywhere i've seen.

i am the proud owner of a new scooter from JavaSpeed on North Main Street. $3.00 just about filled the tank with gas.

next up: starting a scooter girl gang.

Have fun! But let me put in a plug for wearing GOOD protective gear -- not just whatever is required by law. A scooter is a real motor vehicle, and if you haven't already, you should invest in a Snell-approved motorcycle helmet and a motorcycle-grade leather jacket (not fashion leather -- that's much too thin), and a sturdy pair of gloves. That is the very least you should wear when riding -- ALL the time. If you ever hit the pavement, you'll be glad you had the gear! (Just ask my wife: http://www.kafalas.com/lblbrp.htm -- scroll down to "Fall in... to... the... Gap." With good protective gear, you can often bounce right back from a spill -- without it, you're in the hospital.)

A good helmet will run you $150-200 or so, and a jacket suitable for hitting the pavement will cost, probably, $3-500. Not cheap -- but you only need to fall once, and it'll be the bargain of a lifetime.

Urb

Edited by urbie

can i take this opportunity to complain about how the rain brings out every bad driver and pedestrian in the city? I had to run a few errands before depositing myself at the office downtown and i must have had 15 different pedestrians at different intersections where i had the green light just start walzing out in front of my car. I cut slack to anyone who looks sheepish and gives a little wave but that was only two of the 15! and then i got stuck behind two different lost people's cars. Dudes, just PULL OVER AND ROLL DOWN YOUR WINDOW! I will totally give you directions, but please don't just park it in the middle of a four way intersection with all your blinkers going, tying up traffic in all directions!

thank you.

Also, i had an awesome Rollwich from Box Lunch on Westminster Street. They need more business i fear. It was EMPTY at 12:35pm.

Sincerely, Ms. Coleslaw.

can i take this opportunity to complain about how the rain brings out every bad driver and pedestrian in the city? I had to run a few errands before depositing myself at the office downtown and i must have had 15 different pedestrians at different intersections where i had the green light just start walzing out in front of my car. I cut slack to anyone who looks sheepish and gives a little wave but that was only two of the 15! and then i got stuck behind two different lost people's cars. Dudes, just PULL OVER AND ROLL DOWN YOUR WINDOW! I will totally give you directions, but please don't just park it in the middle of a four way intersection with all your blinkers going, tying up traffic in all directions!

thank you.

Also, i had an awesome Rollwich from Box Lunch on Westminster Street. They need more business i fear. It was EMPTY at 12:35pm.

Sincerely, Ms. Coleslaw.

was the scooter fun in the rain?

Probably just the rain. I've noticed business in there is a bit weird. Sometimes it's empty at 12:30, other times it's jam packed.

was the scooter fun in the rain?

i didn't take the scooter today. I still don't have a good leather jacket, and i also don't want to ride in the rain. Not that it mattered because i left the sunroof open in my car so my seat was all wet anyway.

oh, and that tattoo thing rocks. That's the guy who gave me my red sox tattoo. I love that shop.

i didn't take the scooter today. I still don't have a good leather jacket, and i also don't want to ride in the rain. Not that it mattered because i left the sunroof open in my car so my seat was all wet anyway.

i had a VW convertible with a ripped top. i sat on a garbage bag most days.

Probably just the rain. I've noticed business in there is a bit weird. Sometimes it's empty at 12:30, other times it's jam packed.

I've feared for them too in the past. The few times I've been there it's been empty as well, although the people behind the counter tell me they'll be crazy busy at times, so who knows.

I'd hate to loose them, as they're my favorite sandwich destination downtown now...

- Garris

so i'll be going to bowling green ohio in june for a conference. i'll have half a day on sunday to do whatever i want... any suggestions? i won't have a car. there's trips to cedar point and put in bay, but i am not going on those (cost too much extra that i'd have to pay out of my own pocket). i might be able to get a ride to toledo...

also, i'll have a couple hours in detroit on a tuesday morning before my flight leaves for providence. anything to see/do within walking distance of the airport or cheap public transit ride?

Mustache Tattoos on Federal Hill

I posted this on Youtube last week and have been getting a surprisingly large number of hits.

How in the hell did Fox 25 get ahold of Mike Brousseau and his mustache nonsense? un-freakin-believable. It was bad enough when it was underground...

by far the best part was the morning hosts talking about it after the clip...hilarity!

4.1 million trees in the city, 537,000 of them street trees. I just had the MOST incredible meeting with someone from the mayor's office on green intiatives. I don't want to come home.

so what are providence's counts? chicago is significantly bigger...

4.1 million trees in the city, 537,000 of them street trees. I just had the MOST incredible meeting with someone from the mayor's office on green intiatives. I don't want to come home.

to be just a little fair, chicago is about 5 million times bigger than providence. actually, I think the city is almost as big as the entire state of rhode island.