Lil' Rhody Lounge | Off-topic posting

Cotuit

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You were crossing over Broadway?

Broadway? I don't remember being on Broadway this morning, though if I was, I was only a few sips into my iced coffee so I'm not surprised I wouldn't remember. :lol: Did you see me near the Holiday Hilton?

Broadway? I don't remember being on Broadway this morning, though if I was, I was only a few sips into my iced coffee so I'm not surprised I wouldn't remember. :lol: Did you see me near the Holiday Hilton?

Yes...right near the corner with Atwells....unless it wasn't you and I beeped at a stranger. :unsure:

did i forget to set TiVo to record Brotherhood last night?!!

Not to worry. If you have Cox and Showtime you can use "On Demand" (channel 01) to view Brotherhood (and most of what Showtime is playing) at any time with the ability to pause, fast forward, and rewind. They had it available for viewing a few weeks ago.

If you have a satellite system I'm sure Showtime will play it quite frequently so you will get your chance(s).

It was fun to see the city so prominently displayed. I liked the show and look forward to seeing more.

Last night, as I was leaving work, I saw an SUV driving towards my office with all sorts of surveying equipment on the roof. On the side of the vehicle it said Windows Live Local.

Soo cool. I felt a little star-struck. I wanted to say thank you! Wish I could have snapped a picture, but I didn't want to contribute any more than usual to the bad-drivers-of-RI-association.

Makes me wonder if they are doing street level imaging now....?

They have that in Seattle.

that'd be cool if we got it too...

i wish google would do something better with their maps... their sattelite images are so old and it'd be nice if they had functionality of live local. the one thing about the birds eye view of live local that i hate is that you can't keep moving the map around, you have to click on a box when you get to teh end of that quadrant.

if someone would bring me a 20 oz coke i would gladly pay you in reeses peanut butter cups. I am waiting for a package and cannot leave the office.

Damn, I was just downtown getting an iced coffee, can you hold out until 1pm?

Damn, I was just downtown getting an iced coffee, can you hold out until 1pm?

yes. i wish i knew when my package was coming. This is what i ordered from Penzey's Spices

Baker's Crate

From apple bread to blueberry pie to cookies, this gift fits the bill for every baking recipe. This crate contains three types of vanilla, three varieties of cinnamon, two large jars of cocoa, plus many other traditional baking spices. Our new Baker

Huh congrats to me...so what do I get? Balloons? A pat on the back? I am honored...

Nothing! :lol:

How does one check that anyway?

On the "USA Northeast" page you can see the number of threads, and number of replies listed.

Actually, the forum counts itself and updates everything at night, so you probably didn't actually make the 25,000th reply, but the forum rolled over to 25,000 and you were the last one to post when it did.

Huh congrats to me...so what do I get? Balloons? A pat on the back? I am honored...

That really, warm, fuzzy feeling inside... :thumbsup:

On a different topic, I was recently in Wickford Village for the first time (cute little Benefit Street-on-the-bay feel) and noticed that the Brooks pharmacy in the downtown there even had its beautiful old windows there covered over by boards on the bottom 3/4 of the window.

Does anyone know why pharmacies of every stripe everywhere do this? It just kills the streetscape and I don't see any obvious reasons. It can't be for privacy, since the pharmacies are in the back of the store. Just cashiers are in the front. Supermarkets don't do that...

I believe there are some people here that have worked for/with pharmacies here on the boards. Any insight?

- Garris

Edited by Garris

On a different topic, I was recently in Wickford Village for the first time (cute little Benefit Street-on-the-bay feel) and noticed that the Brooks pharmacy in the downtown there even had its beautiful old windows there covered over by boards on the bottom 3/4 of the window.

They would rather trade the aesthetics of a window for the floor space of displaying more merchandise.