Lil' Rhody Lounge | Off-topic posting

Cotuit

They would rather trade the aesthetics of a window for the floor space of displaying more merchandise.

more specifically, I think it has to do with merchandise that they don't want on the general floor (cigarettes the prime example, maybe the only legitimate one). They tend to put these things behind the cashiers.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just make sure you get one with its own drop basket. I had (probably a cheap) one that you had to fish in with a grease spoon, which is messy.

Donuts is just the beginning! :yahoo:

And this current Toyota commercial is driving me absolutely insane. :angry:

I've been down in Providence since October and still haven't joined a gym. Can anyone recommend a good gym to join? There's a Gold's Gym that's across 95 from me, on N. Main St. but I feel like it'd be packed with the football types flexing in the mirror and not really looking for that kind of atmosphere. I'm probably not going to be hitting the free weights, just looking to get some exercise. Anyone a member of a local gym that they'd recommend?

I've been down in Providence since October and still haven't joined a gym. Can anyone recommend a good gym to join? There's a Gold's Gym that's across 95 from me, on N. Main St. but I feel like it'd be packed with the football types flexing in the mirror and not really looking for that kind of atmosphere. I'm probably not going to be hitting the free weights, just looking to get some exercise. Anyone a member of a local gym that they'd recommend?

the gold's gym on smith st in north prov is quite popular and while gold's may have been one of those football types gyms, it's no longer that way. in fact, the biggest issue i have with those gyms is that most of the people, or at least the females it seems, go to try to pick up dates. but most of those gyms have more cardio machines than free weights or even weight machines. i would suggest getting a free trial to the gym before you decide it's not for you. most gyms in the area have something like a 2 week free trial (at least gold's does i think).

also check out this thread

Edited by runawayjim

My brother and his girlfriend visited this weekend and we went out last night. She's from the Bronx so I really wanted to know her opinion of a place like Providence. She was really impressed with the nightlife (probly helped that it was the Cape Verdean festival I think last night) and also amazed with how hard-assed Rhode Islanders are. She couldn't believe how aggressive we drove and how street-smart we seemed. So yeah we're badasses.

My brother and his girlfriend visited this weekend and we went out last night. She's from the Bronx so I really wanted to know her opinion of a place like Providence. She was really impressed with the nightlife (probly helped that it was the Cape Verdean festival I think last night) and also amazed with how hard-assed Rhode Islanders are. She couldn't believe how aggressive we drove and how street-smart we seemed. So yeah we're badasses.

it was the sound session block party i'm guessing... by the black rep?

I was nearly broadsided yesterday by the epitome of what I despise: a person (I'll leave gender out of it...), driving an Expedition, talking on a cell phone, with a right blinker on, running a red light (didn't turn right despite the blinker). Their light had to have been red for at least 4 seconds, cause this intersection has a 2-second all red and my light was green for at least two seconds. If only I had a glock and murder wasn't so frowned upon...

nice... i've tried the online dating thing and met a lot of people (mainly through craigslist, no not casual encounters). in fact, i met my fiancee through craigslist, of course it was through her ad in the boston w4m. we both like to laugh at the fact that we met online... and even more so at the fact that it was through craigslist.

i've been to some of the clubs... and different from other places i've been (new haven mainly), there seem to be a lot more females out and about in providence. so i can see how it's good for singles and given my experience with online dating, i can see how it's good for that as well. the online dating thing has other implication as well... like saying that a lot of people here are fairly computer and internet savvy.

Providence has a huge single, bar-hopping population. My friends from school love coming to visit here cause they're so many single girls and guys, and they let you know they're single :whistling: We also have a ton of clubs/bars for a city our size and a ton of prostitutes for a city our size.

Providence has a huge single, bar-hopping population. My friends from school love coming to visit here cause they're so many single girls and guys, and they let you know they're single :whistling: We also have a ton of clubs/bars for a city our size and a ton of prostitutes for a city our size.

i haven't seen much on the prostitute side of things... although i did see one trying to make a deal with some guy in a car on washington st.