Lil' Rhody Lounge | Off-topic posting

Cotuit

So over here, an LLC that buys up a lot of properties, and then defaults on them is not something to be trusted.

That sort of thing happened here with the ISP I was working for. He "bought" up subscriptions (he really only paid for the ISP I'd originally worked for...the others weren't so savvy) and then raped the company for cash until we all walked. The ones with any integrity, if I may be so bold. The guy has THE WORST case of untreated adult ADHD I've ever seen coupled with being absolutely amoral, it did not make for a happy time. When we found out this was the EIGHTH (8th) company he had taken into Chapter 11, I knew that it was time to go where the grown ups did business. Foreclosures are at least a little more public and traceable.

Like anything, an LLC is as honest as the people behind it.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this was nice to read as I was enjoying my 2nd cup of the day

Coffee's bad rap

People attempting to kick the coffee habit may now wonder why they should bother. A spate of new studies seems to find nothing but virtue in the popular drink; in some respects, coffee apparently even leaves fruits and vegetables in the dust. :)

http://www.projo.com/opinion/editorials/co...ff.2c84809.html

this was nice to read as I was enjoying my 2nd cup of the day

Coffee's bad rap

People attempting to kick the coffee habit may now wonder why they should bother. A spate of new studies seems to find nothing but virtue in the popular drink; in some respects, coffee apparently even leaves fruits and vegetables in the dust. :)

http://www.projo.com/opinion/editorials/co...ff.2c84809.html

I'm still awaiting the day when I hear that donuts and cake fight colon cancer or something, that'd be sweet.

so i posted before about how the people who live below me are annoying as hell...

was minding my own business watching tv tonight and i got up and noticed quite a few cars outside my house on the street... so i took a peek. 4 regular providence police cars and what looked to be an unmarked cop car.

the guy who recently moved in was driven away in the backseat of one of those cop cars... i guess that's one way to get rid of annoying neighbors. of course he wasn't handcuffed and he had an overnight bag. looked like he knew it was gonna happen. :ph34r:

is there some sort of police blotter in the projo?

Police reports are public records, you can call PPD and ask that they release any report related to an incident at that address at that time. You have to request the report in person, or by mail, and may have to pay a duplication fee.

http://www.providencepolice.com/recordbureauinfo.html

so i posted before about how the people who live below me are annoying as hell...

was minding my own business watching tv tonight and i got up and noticed quite a few cars outside my house on the street... so i took a peek. 4 regular providence police cars and what looked to be an unmarked cop car.

the guy who recently moved in was driven away in the backseat of one of those cop cars... i guess that's one way to get rid of annoying neighbors. of course he wasn't handcuffed and he had an overnight bag. looked like he knew it was gonna happen. :ph34r:

is there some sort of police blotter in the projo?

Glad you brought this up. Formely the Providence Journal/Bullentin use to print the police log daily. For some reason, about two years ago or so they stop. I'm thinking Belo's had something to do with it after they bought the journal. Lately they only post the log from time to time, sometimes going weeks without posting it. I just don't understand that. I've been meaning to complain to projo about it. Makes no sense to me. Either you post it daily or you don't. It seems like they only print it once or twice a month. Perhaps the space this column would occupy could be used for much more profitable ads.

Glad you brought this up. Formely the Providence Journal/Bullentin use to print the police log daily. For some reason, about two years ago or so they stop. I'm thinking Belo's had something to do with it after they bought the journal. Lately they only post the log from time to time, sometimes going weeks without posting it. I just don't understand that. I've been meaning to complain to projo about it. Makes no sense to me. Either you post it daily or you don't. It seems like they only print it once or twice a month. Perhaps the space this column would occupy could be used for much more profitable ads.

i was reading a paper last week or 2 weeks ago. i can't remember if it was the projo or some other paper, but it had a blotter. it might've been the north providence breeze.

This goof up at CNN last week made international headlines, but in case you missed it...

phillips.kyra.jpg

Kyra Philips, the very likable daytime anchor at CNN, gets the award for most embarassing moment this week, thanks to an audio glitch which left millions listening in to her bathroom chatter with a colleague. Technical operators at CNN accidentally left Phillips' microphone on when she used the CNN ladies room during a speech the President was giving. Phillip's voice can be heard during "bathroom talk" with a CNN colleague in which she utters an expletive and says how much she dislikes her sister-in-law, before another colleague rushes in to inform her the mic is still on.

Here's the video. It's a riot.

http://www.wonkette.com/politics/cnn/cnn-l...ideo-197383.php

Philips laughed off the incident by reading the Top Ten Kyra Philips excuses on the David Letterman show.

Just returned from several days of travels. While away, I snapped a few photos of Philadelphia which are here on my work-in-progress new webpage.

I'd post them here directly, but my laptop just died :( (three months after the warranty runs out, right on schedule) and I don't have great web access right now.

- Garris

PS: I'm open to feedback on the new website organization, dynamics, etc. E-mail me at [email protected] if you have any suggestions!

Edited by Garris

Just returned from several days of travels. While away, I snapped a few photos of Philadelphia which are here on my work-in-progress new webpage.

I'd post them here directly, but my laptop just died :( (three months after the warranty runs out, right on schedule and I don't have great web access right now.

- Garris

PS: I'm open to feedback on the new website organization, dynamics, etc. E-mail me at [email protected] if you have any suggestions!

as usual, your pics are awesome.

did you see the new-ish building that has some crazy lighting at night?

Hi! We're finally here! Stuff comes Monday -- And....

The lovely cool weather Rhode Island is about to experience is due to the fact that we've just bought an air conditioner :rofl:

Meg

Yes, this is the best time of the year in New England. No air conditioning or heating needed! Welcome and enjoy Providence.