Lil' Rhody Lounge | Off-topic posting

Cotuit

Hi! We're finally here! Stuff comes Monday -- And....

The lovely cool weather Rhode Island is about to experience is due to the fact that we've just bought an air conditioner :rofl:

Meg

"Stuff" was supposed to come today, but -- moving companies being how they are -- it got bumped back to Monday. Fortunately, we brought as much stuff with us as can possibly be crammed into a Jeep Cherokee.

We're on the air thanks to a stray wireless signal from somewhere nearby... :ph34r:

Urb

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I found a love connection for Jen:

2006-0916-waterfire.jpg

Crazy Tree Man at WaterFire.

Ugh, I was ever so annoyed by the pushy people that came trying to get 'donations' out of us for watching this. If you want to dress up in silly costumes and dance at WaterFire, more power to ya, don't try to guilt trip me into giving you money.

sorry, you know the old saying "don't pee in the well" or some such thing--i don't date other enviros. They'll drive you f*ckin' crazy because they mirror your own insanity. :lol:

my current husband (i've been collecting them for some time now) is a hospital admin guy who drives a very fuel inefficient car and used to work for a military association.

thank you though! I do like the costume. I'd like to put it on, and haunt people in the middle of the night--folks who arranged to have perfectly healthy trees cut down because they were worried about leaves on their new sidewalk. good times, man, gooooood times.

sorry, you know the old saying "don't pee in the well" or some such thing--i don't date other enviros. They'll drive you f*ckin' crazy because they mirror your own insanity. :lol:

my current husband (i've been collecting them for some time now) is a hospital admin guy who drives a very fuel inefficient car and used to work for a military association.

thank you though! I do like the costume. I'd like to put it on, and haunt people in the middle of the night--folks who arranged to have perfectly healthy trees cut down because they were worried about leaves on their new sidewalk. good times, man, gooooood times.

that'd give new meaning to "crazy tree lady". :rofl:

does anyone else here get a huge number of calls from political surveys and marketing research firms?

i can't figure out how to stop them because the stupid federal government exempted them from the do not call list. i consider these calls unsolicited, which, in my mind, is the same thing as your average run of the mill telemarketer.

anyways, how does one get these people to stop calling? also, what's the latest time they can call? i was under the impression taht the cut off was 9:00 pm, but the guy on the phone said it was extended until 10 (which i find absolutely reprehensible if that's the case). i get at least 5 of these calls a day and we tell them never to call us again and they continue. the idiot that called tonight said that they don't have a do not call list. i hang up on them and they call 2 hours later.

any suggestions? i have never experienced this before.

Get rid of the house phone and get a cell with a good plan. Home phones are obsolete.You won't get any solicited calls.

the more you use your cell number, the more calls you get to it.

i have a good cell plan and my house phone only costs me about $10-15 extra each month because of the discount with cox.

i'm more concerned about these surveys that keep calling. when i lived in CT, there was a house phone and we never got any of these types of calls.

i have a good cell plan and my house phone only costs me about $10-15 extra each month because of the discount with cox.

i'm more concerned about these surveys that keep calling. when i lived in CT, there was a house phone and we never got any of these types of calls.

I think it's just the block of numbers they put into the dialers. We got so many calls at one point with Qworst that we got a talking caller ID so we didn't have to get off our asses when Those People called. Right now we've got a Skype number for 15 bucks a year that we give out and use our cell phones for the Inner Circle ;-).

It sounds as tho I'm on the lam, but I hate the phone so much now. Doing all that time at the tech support desk of a small ISP in the back of behind will do that to a girl :shok:

I think it's just the block of numbers they put into the dialers. We got so many calls at one point with Qworst that we got a talking caller ID so we didn't have to get off our asses when Those People called. Right now we've got a Skype number for 15 bucks a year that we give out and use our cell phones for the Inner Circle ;-).

It sounds as tho I'm on the lam, but I hate the phone so much now. Doing all that time at the tech support desk of a small ISP in the back of behind will do that to a girl :shok:

my job is mostly phone as well... but i don't hate it.

these are obviously automated dials, but the problem is they call back and call back and call back. i've asked some of them to remove me from their list and some have told me they don't have a list to remove me from, while others just say ok and hang up.

does skype work with a regular handset like vonage or do you need a microphone and speakers (or headset) to use it? i've never really looked into using it before.

my job is mostly phone as well... but i don't hate it.

these are obviously automated dials, but the problem is they call back and call back and call back. i've asked some of them to remove me from their list and some have told me they don't have a list to remove me from, while others just say ok and hang up.

does skype work with a regular handset like vonage or do you need a microphone and speakers (or headset) to use it? i've never really looked into using it before.

You need a computer on and running for Skype. I got a really nifty phone for it for $70, though. You just connect a USB base station to your computer and put the headset wherever you want. It's quite handy because I'm no longer tethered to the computer.

I really love Skype. It's quite handy when my dad travels so he doesn't have a massive hotel phone bill. The only thing I don't like is that your outgoing calls appear as +001234567 on caller ID.

Edited by webbage