Lil' Rhody Lounge | Off-topic posting

Cotuit

No problem at all. Same for all the others I know who have downloaded it. What 's wrong with your computer?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My Dell computer is only 4 months old and since downloading that thing it takes me several attempts to start Windows and my DVD drive won't work or even open and dosen't even appear in My Computer.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ran once from Promenade through the mall underpass, into Waterplace down to 195 on the riverwalk, then turned around and went up to Exchange St. past the train station and then up Capitol Hill and around the State House a few times.  Doing laps around the State House (Francis, Gaspee, Smith Streets) is nice because you don't have to stop for traffic at all, it has nice ups and downs and I think one lap is around .5 miles.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds like a good run, thanks for the tip--I'll use it to train for the CVS 5K! :thumbsup:

wow frankie, thats a bummer. What if anything do you have for spyware/virus scanners. There are some good free ones that can clean this sort of thing up but you may have a more serious problem on your hands. If you don't have anything give Adaware a try (can find through a google search and its free) but do it in conjunction with something else like Spybot search and Destroy (also free) Run one then the other with the latest updates, then select Adaware to run on startup, restart and hope for the best. If nothing improves try sending me a message so we don't force everyone else here to follow along. Good luck.

Hey Everybody-

checking in from chicago to introduce myself. i've been luking for about a month- good discussions and great pics everybody.

with any luck i'll be moving soon to pvd (in september). i'm pretty familiar with the city and have family near by, but could definitely use some resources for east side apartments for rent. looking near wayland square. the catch is i'll be getting into a relatively low paying food service job and for the time being am car-less.

how bad is this going to be?

thanks for any input.

-t

Hey Everybody-

checking in from chicago to introduce myself. i've been luking for about a month- good discussions and great pics everybody.

with any luck i'll be moving soon to pvd (in september). i'm pretty familiar with the city and have family near by, but could definitely use some resources for east side apartments for rent. looking near wayland square. the catch is i'll be getting into a relatively low paying food service job and for the time being am car-less.

thanks for any input.

-t

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, hopefully those relatives you have living nearby will pay your rent for you :rofl: The rents in Wayland Sq are some of the highest in the city.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would not be looking in Wayland Square if I were you. FIrst, as Frankie pointed out, Wayland is pricy as all get out. Second, the bus service to the area isn't terrific, and it's not a simple walk to Downcity (it's walkable, but you'd be hating it in winter or at night).

Assuming you are working Downcity somewhere, I would suggest Federal Hill, there's still a few deals on the hill, and it's more accessible by foot to Downcity than Wayland Square.

There are other neghbourhoods further out from Downcity where you could live, that will be more affordable than Federal Hill, but you trade off the walkablity to Downcity and have to become dependant on our lackluster transit system. Plenty of people live without cars in these areas, it can just be a pain.

I would not be looking in Wayland Square if I were you. FIrst, as Frankie pointed out, Wayland is pricy as all get out. Second, the bus service to the area isn't terrific, and it's not a simple walk to Downcity (it's walkable, but you'd be hating it in winter or at night).

Assuming you are working Downcity somewhere, I would suggest Federal Hill, there's still a few deals on the hill, and it's more accessible by foot to Downcity than Wayland Square.

There are other neghbourhoods further out from Downcity where you could live, that will be more affordable than Federal Hill, but you trade off the walkablity to Downcity and have to become dependant on our lackluster transit system. Plenty of people live without cars in these areas, it can just be a pain.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi there. I live in Wayland Sq, and can confirm most of what everyone is telling you. I love living here, but there are certainly cheaper neighborhoods in the city. Entry level 1 bedroom rents here are from $750-900 per month at absolute cheapest. You could do roommates with folks, and then, of course, things get cheaper. Is Federal Hill really that much cheaper than Wayland Sq? I'm assuming they were roughly equivalent...

Public transit-wise, things vary. My condo is steps from 3 RIPTA lines, and my sister uses RIPTA exclusively at all times of day and night without any problems (she doesn't drive). If downtown is your destination and you wanted to walk and not take the bus, I would agree Wayland Sq is a bit far, especially in the colder months.

It might help us to know your rough budget, how you plan on getting around, where you will be working, and what you're looking for in a neighborhood.

- Garris

Is Federal Hill really that much cheaper than Wayland Sq?  I'm assuming they were roughly equivalent...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My two-bed is $750. Of course the bedrooms are rather small, and the landlord hasn't upped the rent on us in over two-years (touch wood). She'd probably ask for more form the next tenant if we left now. However, apartments slightly west of us might be less.

My question is, are there even that many one-bedroom apartments in Providence? I remember having a hard time finding one in Boston.

It might help us to know your rough budget, how you plan on getting around, where you will be working, and what you're looking for in a neighborhood.

- Garris

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks everyone so far. i mentioned wayland beacuse that's the area i'd be working in and generally the type of neighborhood i'm looking for. as apoint of comparison however, my apt in chicago is in a way grungier, but slowly gentrifying area. i like the diversity, but hate the garbage. for the time being i'd be ripta-ing, on bike or foot. the idea of living/working in a more centralized area is appealing compared to the sprawl of chicago.

i certainly dont need to be right in the squre, anywehre on the east side close-ish to wayland would be fine. i do a lot of walking, bussing now so it's not particularly an issue. if there are suggestions for particular streets i should be keeping an eye out for that would be great; everything that pops up seems to be thayer, wickenden, etc.

budget is funny; i need to start out way cheap (600-750) until my roommate can move out a few months down the road. is there a possibility of short term housing?

Hello everyone...I've been scanning these posts and forums for awhile now.Everything is pretty interesting and urban studies is one of my favorites.As a native Providence man who lives on Smith Hill ( the other side ),I feel compelled to give my opinion which not too many people share.(according to these posts).I am fascinated with how Prov. has developed nicely and is fast becoming an urban center.However, the vast majority of these projects is producing high-end or luxury spaces.Providence is a working class city and the economy of our state is not sufficient enough to uphold the saturation of these planned projects.I am not being negative.I love my city. However,one must look at the truth.Our neighborhoods are substandard.We do not have an adequate retail base in our neighborhoods.The majority of these discussions focus on a population that is less than 10% of Prov. totals.I think it is absolutely ridiculous for the people on the right side (i.e.other areas of Prov.) to complain about shopping plaza designs and building height designs as if it were detrimental to a certain character of an area.I am totally against destroying some of the great historical architecture that we have here in our city.What we need is SMART GROWTH...Let me enlighten you on some things...Federal Hill has character as an area ,but many of the building there do not do anything.A tall apt. building with the right design will not hurt.There is still no supermarket in my neighborhood.I have to go to the " ugly" shopping plaza on No. Main.The plaza was built with a "Smart Growth" initiative in mind.No. Main St. is a dump and everyone that lives in that Summit neighborhood doesn't have their head on tight.They deny economic activity but allow a pawnshop to open.Downtown Prov. still needs a lot of work and transportation, not parking lots should come before anything.South Prov. has done a 180 deg. turnaround despite its reputation.It is arguably the most vibrant area of Prov. So as you see,there are many things that need to change in our city b4 we become this yuppified center.I admire everyone for being interested in our town.I know that the future looks bright for us. However, we should always remember that Prov. is made up of many different facets...and issues that face EVERY resident should be of more importance than some of these ridiculous reports.Only then can we generate enough economic activity to sustain our growth....Thanks....New User

Edited by Cotuit

My two-bed is $750. Of course the bedrooms are rather small, and the landlord hasn't upped the rent on us in over two-years (touch wood). She'd probably ask for more form the next tenant if we left now. However, apartments slightly west of us might be less.

My question is, are there even that many one-bedroom apartments in Providence? I remember having a hard time finding one in Boston.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i live in elmhurst on the west side of PC (between eaton and admiral st, west of river ave). $700, includes electric, for my 1 br. i have had a hard time finding affordable 1br apts in providence. i'm hoping to move again come october and while i would love to stay within city limits, i'm hoping for cheaper rent (my last place was just over the border in north prov $675). i prefer not to live in the manton or silver spring neighborhoods or even south prov. i would consider the armory and parts of federal hill. i found a bargain ($565), but it was just outside the chad brown projects...

in general, 1br apartments seem harder to find... unfortunately, i prefer not to move in with a total stranger... too many bad experiences in college with that...

My sister and I went to Waterfire and Soundstage tonight and spent a good amount of time walking around downtown... My sister is great to bounce ideas off of since she's mildly mentally retarded and tends to reflect popular mainstream opinion without much of a filter or political correctness :).

Some random thoughts about Providence after walking around, stream of consciousness...

On the upside:

- We parked in the open government lots. Great of RI to do that...

- Our state capitol building is really, really impressive...

- My sister went into Providence station for the first time and was really impressed...

- Walking down next to the Waterplace Condo site (is it really going to be that close to the sidewalk? If so, cool...), it's going to be a really, really dramatic location for those towers. Those people are going to have incredible skyline views and the canyon effect will make Waterplace seem all the more impressive. I've got to say, once everything is done in Waterplace (especially if the condo towers and G-Tech do their ground level retail right) it could be the coolest neighborhood in the city...

- Turnout for Waterfire tonight seemed really impressive... Was it just me, or did the Soundstage stuff not seem very coordinated and organized?

- Despite a large bum presence (see below), there was a lot of great Prov police around who were very helpful to visitors...

- Speaking of which, I saw a ton of out of towners. Families with teens in varsity jackets from CT, Mass, and all over. I was next to one older couple who said they were visiting New England from Virginia and came into town for this tonight... Another college age crowd was here from a college in Mass for a Caribbean band. Really, people from all over. Good stuff...

- Is Richmond St supposed to be one of the new main arteries connecting the Jewelry District to Downcity in the Prov 2020? It's a cool little street...

- Kudos to Cilantro on Weybosset for being open until 10 PM!!! I may go there tomorrow just to support this...

- The second Westin tower is going to be just awesome... What an intersection that's going to be...

- G-Tech seems to have topped out... It appears they are adding steel to the tower now... I have established several important things about G-Tech...

- It won't ruin the "classic Prov skyline" view from Waterplace...

- It's relationship with Francis Street seems dead on perfect...

- If its glass truly reflects, Waterfire will be cool. If not...

- OTW is going to look really good on the Providence skyline. The balance will be perfect, and the depth welcome...

- Every place to eat in downtown Prov seem packed, from Downcity Diner, to L'Epicureo, to the street vendors... Only Cilantro seemed relatively empty :(.

- Kudos to 7-11 for a great Weybosset street store. It nearly single handedly gives the street life after dark...

- It was cool to walk by the Avalon Apts and see lots of people walking around in their apartments from the street and think of how much more common that's going to be. Ah, residential life in the downtown...

- Residents of Providence, give yourself an hand and a pat on the back for urbanism... Downtown Prov was packed, the end of Blackstone (restaurants, Maximillians, the Park) seemed really busy. Restaurant Oak on Hope seemed full and there were lots of people on the sidewalks of Hope Village at 10:30 PM. Thayer was busy despite the events downtown, and everywhere from Ben and Jerry's to Andinos to Paragon seemed packed as well. Haruki's in Wayland Sq seemed busy. Lots of people out there. That's what a city is all about...

The downside:

- Westminster just isn't there yet. Sorry folks... I really wish it was, but it isn't. The only place with any life is Tazza... There's tons of empty storefronts (most of them, actually) on Westminster, Dorrance, and Weybosset. The string of lights over Westminster (half of which are out) is really sorry and makes the street seem more clostrophobic than it should. What's happening with the building with the beauty design place, the old theater, and the building with the old Kabob place? Those three buildings are killing the street... If I were Buff Chase, I'd accept only retail/restaurants who agree to stay open to 10 PM at earliest... Right now, Westminster is still just all about potential...

- This makes me fear a touch for OTW...

- Grant's block can't start fast enough...

- The design store on Westminster looks outstanding, however... If every storefront looked that good, we wouldn't have a problem... I hope they make it... :unsure:

- My sister spontaneously described Empire St as "creepy" and Cathedral Square as "evil looking"... :ph34r:

- Who on earth owns that Weybosset Hill Parking? That might be one of the most dramatic pieces of land in the city, and it's sitting there for parking... It kills me...

- That pocket park next to the church across the street from the above parking lot is one piece of open space I wish we could take away. It's nearly invisible as a park and it breaks up the streetscape, looking like an accident or vacant land...

- My sister and I were heckled tonight more than I've ever been. I starting taking some photos of the city (rather discretely) but had so many teens from Cranston yelling at me as their slammed '95 Eclipses drove by that I eventually just stopped... My sister, who's a bit overweight (which she's shedding quite nicely and rapidly with all the walking she's been doing in urban living vs her prior suburban living) had a couple crude fat remarks yelled at her by passing teen cars near Waterplace as well :cry: . I don't know who raised these bottom-feeders, but they and their families should be embarrassed, as it made her feel bad...

That's it! I welcome any comments...

- Garris

My sister is great to bounce ideas off of since she's mildly mentally retarded and tends to reflect popular mainstream opinion without much of a filter or political correctness :).

Your sister sounds like my kind of girl. :thumbsup:

My sister went into Providence station for the first time and was really impressed...

Your sister and I will have to agree to disagree here. While I think the station itself is nice (though poorly maintained), I really think it is one of those hundred year mistakes. There's seating for what, 40 people in the waiting area. That assumes that rail transit isn't really going to take off in this state anytime soon. I think it's too small, and not majestic enough.

I've got to say, once everything is done in Waterplace (especially if the condo towers and G-Tech do their ground level retail right) it could be the coolest neighborhood in the city...

Indeed, I walk through Waterplace quite often on the way home from work (hence my despair at the loss of Brewed Awakenings). Even during daylight hours I would see women walking through in a fearful manner. Before the Waterplace project side was closed, I would often see women, walk up to Exchange Street, cross the street then go back down into the park rather than walk under the bridge. Hopefully that fear will go away as more people populate the area at all hours.

Is Richmond St supposed to be one of the new main arteries connecting the Jewelry District to Downcity in the Prov 2020? It's a cool little street...

Richmond Street used to be my commute to my old job. It is indeed a cool little street, but it is currently two seperate worlds on either side of 195. I think Richmond Street will really come alive with the removal of the highway.

Kudos to Cilantro on Weybosset for being open until 10 PM!!! I may go there tomorrow just to support this...

Cilantro rocks. I have lunch there frequently, and they deliver to Federal Hill. :)

The second Westin tower is going to be just awesome... What an intersection that's going to be...

If we get the money to rebuild Emmett Square. That is a massive barrier to people on foot.

Kudos to 7-11 for a great Weybosset street store. It nearly single handedly gives the street life after dark...

Indeed, it's like a giant flashlight, it also helps that the Yellow Jackets tend to hang out there.

Thayer was busy despite the events downtown, and everywhere from Ben and Jerry's to Andinos to Paragon seemed packed as well.

In the recent heatwave and with walking home from work all week, I've realized that Downcity is in desperate need of an ice cream shop. Everyday last week when I left work I was totally jonesing for an ice cream, but walking up to Thayer for ice cream was not going to happen.

Westminster just isn't there yet.

I agree, my boyfriend knows the street hustlers down there by name, very sad.

My sister spontaneously described Empire St as "creepy" and Cathedral Square as "evil looking"... :ph34r:

Good descriptors.

Who on earth owns that Weybosset Hill Parking? That might be one of the most dramatic pieces of land in the city, and it's sitting there for parking... It kills me...

If I remember correctly there are two seperate owners. This was the area that Andres Duany suggested Providence might want to threaten some emminent domain at. All you'd have to do is take one parcel, then the other owner couldn't make the parking lot profitable anymore and would be forced to sell.

My sister and I were heckled tonight more than I've ever been. I starting taking some photos of the city (rather discretely) but had so many teens from Cranston yelling at me as their slammed '95 Eclipses drove by that I eventually just stopped... My sister, who's a bit overweight (which she's shedding quite nicely and rapidly with all the walking she's been doing in urban living vs her prior suburban living) had a couple crude fat remarks yelled at her by passing teen cars near Waterplace as well :cry: . I don't know who raised these bottom-feeders, but they and their families should be embarrassed, as it made her feel bad...

There's something going on in the air or something right now. There's the crime wave up on College Hill, there's been a mini-wave of gay-bashings Downcity, and there is just a general air of rowdiness. The police need to get out in force. They need to be pulling over these kids that are coming into the city just to cause trouble. They also need to be enforcing the drinking laws. I know my younger brothers used to come to Providence from the Cape before they were 21 because they knew they could be served here. It behooves us not be a city that is a known place where under aged kids can drink. These kids do nothing but cause problems, not to mention the dangers of people coming from as far off as the Cape to drink, and then driving home afterwards.

I give up, I don't know why the code isn't working.

Google Maps has a "hybrid button" that I never noticed before.

You used to have to chose between Map or Satellite. But now, if you click the Hybrid option, you get the satellite view with street names (and arrows, indicating one way streets - also names of parks, golf courses, cemetaries, etc etc etc...) superimposed on it. Very Cool! :D

Edited by EPBOY

I must say, last night was the most proudly urban I've ever seen Providence. The diversity in the streets was amazing...everything down to the smallest alley was packed between College Hill and Empire St. It was fantastic.

As far as your comments on Westminster St., couldn't agree more. And Buff and the Hotel Providence can't turn the street around by themselves. This horrible man named Pierre DeBourgeknecht (sp?) owns the Old ProJo building (beautiful French building across from Peerless), the adjacent Kresgey Building and the Lapham Building up the street (with the out-of-business kebab place). He has had many offers on the properties and he refuses to sell them. He's like 85 and lives in Paris and Boston. We need to do something about him!

Edited by AriPVD

I must say, last night was the most proudly urban I've ever seen Providence.  The diversity in the streets was amazing...everything down to the smallest alley was packed between College Hill and Empire St.  It was fantastic.

Agreed...

As far as your comments on Westminster St., couldn't agree more.  And Buff and the Hotel Providence can't turn the street around by themselves.  This horrible man named Pierre DeBourgeknecht (sp?) owns the Old ProJo building (beautiful French building across from Peerless), the adjacent Kresgey Building and the Lapham Building up the street (with the out-of-business kebab place).  He has had many offers on the properties and he refuses to sell them.  He's like 85 and lives in Paris and Boston.  We need to do something about him!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Boy, those buildings are just killing the street. Who owns the theater?

Regarding the guy who owns the buildings you mentioned, isn't it sad how often this is the case? If I had a dollar for how many times I've heard about developement around the nation being held up by octogenarian types retired in their villas holding onto delapidated property not caring about anything else except the checks coming in...

Maybe it's time to turn up the heat. Lets find a contact address, email, etc for this guy or his company and start to do some letter writing. I'm sure the Projo, Prov Monthly, or other local papers would love a story idea on how one person is holding up Westminster St's potential future...

- Garris

On the upside:

- We parked in the open government lots.  Great of RI to do that... 

- Our state capitol building is really, really impressive...

- My sister went into Providence station for the first time and was really impressed...

- Walking down next to the Waterplace Condo site (is it really going to be that close to the sidewalk?  If so, cool...), it's going to be a really, really dramatic location for those towers.  Those people are going to have incredible skyline views and the canyon effect will make Waterplace seem all the more impressive.  I've got to say, once everything is done in Waterplace (especially if the condo towers and G-Tech do their ground level retail right) it could be the coolest neighborhood in the city...

- Turnout for Waterfire tonight seemed really impressive...  Was it just me, or did the Soundstage stuff not seem very coordinated and organized?

waterfire was awesome on saturday, and the crowd was unbelievable. normally i park in the gov't lots next to the state house, but they were full. luckily the big grassy lot in front of the train station was open (across teh street from the cheesecake side of the mall) for parking (although i watched a lot of cars bottom out there). i didn't really watch much of the sound session stuff on saturday, but i did see roy ayers on friday night... he was awesome. it probably wasn't that organized, but it was still a nice addition to waterfire. i enjoyed the upbeat live music and felt that should've been played through the speakers the whole way down the river. the standard waterfire music is getting repetitive and boring.

the providence train station while nice looking isn't big, and i'm very surprised by that. there's very little seating inside. sure, it's nice to have the big thing on the floor to read, but the inside of a train station needs seating for passengers and those waiting for the train to pick people up.

gtech and the condos will have to have really good retail on the lower levels. the condos look like they'er going right up to the walkway along the river, but i really hope they don't put a restaurant in there that blocks one of the walkways like at citizen's plaza. or at least put stairs going down to the lower walkway before you hit the restaurant so you don't end up wakling into a dead end.

- Despite a large bum presence (see below), there was a lot of great Prov police around who were very helpful to visitors... 

- Speaking of which, I saw a ton of out of towners.  Families with teens in varsity jackets from CT, Mass, and all over.  I was next to one older couple who said they were visiting New England from Virginia and came into town for this tonight...  Another college age crowd was here from a college in Mass for a Caribbean band.  Really, people from all over.  Good stuff...

i had friends in from CT and MA for waterfire. it was fun. we got pizza at rocco's (on admiral st, one of the best pizza's in teh city) and then headed downtown. i didn't see the numbers of cops that you mention, but we didn't walk around a whole lot because there were a lot of us.

- G-Tech seems to have topped out...  It appears they are adding steel to the tower now...  I have established several important things about G-Tech...

- It won't ruin the "classic Prov skyline" view from Waterplace...

- It's relationship with Francis Street seems dead on perfect...

- If its glass truly reflects, Waterfire will be cool.  If not...

- OTW is going to look really good on the Providence skyline.  The balance will be perfect, and the depth welcome...

- Every place to eat in downtown Prov seem packed, from Downcity Diner, to L'Epicureo, to the street vendors...  Only Cilantro seemed relatively empty :(.

- Kudos to 7-11 for a great Weybosset street store.  It nearly single handedly gives the street life after dark...

- It was cool to walk by the Avalon Apts and see lots of people walking around in their apartments from the street and think of how much more common that's going to be.  Ah, residential life in the downtown...

- Residents of Providence, give yourself an hand and a pat on the back for urbanism...  Downtown Prov was packed, the end of Blackstone (restaurants, Maximillians, the Park) seemed really busy.  Restaurant Oak on Hope seemed full and there were lots of people on the sidewalks of Hope Village at 10:30 PM.  Thayer was busy despite the events downtown, and everywhere from Ben and Jerry's to Andinos to Paragon seemed packed as well.  Haruki's in Wayland Sq seemed busy.  Lots of people out there.  That's what a city is all about... 

i actually think the gtech building will look cool if it's done right. i just hope they finish both that and the condos on time so that they don't extend the eye-sore of construction.

i didn't go out to eat on saturday night, but i did friday. i personally love smokey bones (i know a lot of people aren't fans of the chain restaurants in the mall, but this one is good). i have never seen a wait at that place except the night i went to the PC-UConn basketball game. i don't understand why all the other restaurants in the mall have an hour wait while you can just walk in and be seated here. i hope it doesn't close, it's good, cheap bbq.

- My sister and I were heckled tonight more than I've ever been.  I starting taking some photos of the city (rather discretely) but had so many teens from Cranston yelling at me as their slammed '95 Eclipses drove by that I eventually just stopped...  My sister, who's a bit overweight (which she's shedding quite nicely and rapidly with all the walking she's been doing in urban living vs her prior suburban living) had a couple crude fat remarks yelled at her by passing teen cars near Waterplace as well  :cry: .  I don't know who raised these bottom-feeders, but they and their families should be embarrassed, as it made her feel bad...

these hecklers drive me nuts. i don't know what these kids think or how they were raised, but what's the point in screaming insults at someone you don't know? i was running one night on high service ave in north prov and someone drove by and yelled something at me. i just don't get it.

the condos look like they'er going right up to the walkway along the river, but i really hope they don't put a restaurant in there that blocks one of the walkways like at citizen's plaza.  or at least put stairs going down to the lower walkway before you hit the restaurant so you don't end up wakling into a dead end.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The old stairway configuration will return, with a pathway along the river, and it seems there will also be an upper level walkway, the building will be set back from that.

Waterplace005.jpg

The theater that Garris refers to is the Kresgey Building, an old department-type store. Pierre owns that one as well. As of today, I'm taking a few steps to continue the public advocacy campaign that I tried to start last summer regarding his properties. Unfortunately, I'm not in the position to do much because of this conflict of interest (I work for Buff Chace and although he would very much like to see the buildings reused, I can't speak for him). I am nominating the Old ProJo Building for the Providence Preservation Society's 2005 Ten Most Endangered Properties List. I will also e-mail several of my contacts at the Providence Journal and ask them to look into a story. If anyone has any other ideas, please let me know and perhaps we can coordinate some kind of effort. I'm going to start another thread because I believe there's more to say on this topic.

new thread

Edited by Cotuit