Lil' Rhody Lounge | Off-topic posting

Cotuit

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for those of you waiting on pins and needles to find out if i made the playoffs in fantasy football--in spite of my awesome showing of 165 pts this weekend, i missed the playoffs in that league. But that's ok, because i am #1 in my other league (of much more saavy players, btw) and i have the week off while the lesser pointed persons duke it out in the quarter finals. :yahoo: (not excessive celebrating)

Ugh, I'm totally hating BankRI's new 'secure' login process. Why are the challenge questions websites use so inane? What is my high school's mascot? I don't f*cking know! I never went to a football game to find out. I don't even know if we had one. What was my first car? How about they ask what the first transit system I rode was? F*cking auto-centric bastids! My paternal grandmothers first name? Uhm, Nana. And the randomly generated photo they assigned to me literally makes me gag. :rolleyes::sick:

Ugh, I'm totally hating BankRI's new 'secure' login process. Why are the challenge questions websites use so inane? What is my high school's mascot? I don't f*cking know! I never went to a football game to find out. I don't even know if we had one. What was my first car? How about they ask what the first transit system I rode was? F*cking auto-centric bastids! My paternal grandmothers first name? Uhm, Nana. And the randomly generated photo they assigned to me literally makes me gag. :rolleyes::sick:

my ING account is the same way. do they make you click on the number pad on the screen to enter your pin?

At least the photos on INGs site didn't make me gag, and I got to choose from a couple different ones. The clicking on the pad makes a little sense at least, it means if a key logger program was on your computer it wouldn't be able to read your password, since it's clicked instead of typed.

How do you qoute more than one thing in a post? Do you have to do it manually, or is there an easier way? Thanks.

if you hit the "quote" button on the posts you want to quote, the button turns red. then when you're done, hit the "add reply" button at the bottom.

you can only have 3 quotes per post though.

So I'm sitting there watching the Patriots game today with the live pictures of downtown Boston - 27 miles away from the stadium - and I'm thinking: "Why don't they send a guy with a camera down to Providence for a change?!" I know for a fact that the whole road crew uses PVD airport and RI hotels and other establishments when they do a game in Foxboro.

How about some recognition?!

So I'm sitting there watching the Patriots game today with the live pictures of downtown Boston - 27 miles away from the stadium - and I'm thinking: "Why don't they send a guy with a camera down to Providence for a change?!" I know for a fact that the whole road crew uses PVD airport and RI hotels and other establishments when they do a game in Foxboro.

i believe the visiting teams stay in providence as well... foxboro is in our metro, not boston's.

They've shown shots of Providence before. They showed the skyline and Waterfire so they must've shot the footage the night before the game.

Edited by JJK5

if you hit the "quote" button on the posts you want to quote, the button turns red. then when you're done, hit the "add reply" button at the bottom.

you can only have 3 quotes per post though.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! That's how you do it! I've been wondering! Thanks! In the last few weeks I've just been responding to quotes/replies withing 30 seconds, to add it to my posts.

Yes, I think everyone knows by now that visiting football teams playing against the Patriots @ Foxboro stay at the Providence Westin. And yes, they do use the Providence airport. Oh, excuse me. The Warwick, RI airport. And I do remember, at one time, the network showing the Providence & Boston skyline. But I think this was during the playoffs.

The Patriots had some big game on NBC a few weeks ago. Everyone from NBC from the President on down was in town for the game and they all stayed in Providence.

Anyone who's ever driven Route 95 in either direction knows why teams and support staff tend to stay in Providence. Which way would you rather drive after playing a game in Foxboro?

Yes, I think everyone knows by now that visiting football teams playing against the Patriots @ Foxboro stay at the Providence Westin.

Not just the Westin. ;)

Yes, but Boston's MSA is now in Providence's CSA. ;)

I wasn't going to rub that in for anyone who was upset about it. But Foxboro is a perfect example of why we're a combined CSA. Norfolk County borders both Suffolk County (Boston) and Providence County. Foxboro is closer to Providence than Boston. There's one county between us and Boston, if you can't split counties then we pretty much have to be in the same CSA as Boston.