Lil' Rhody Lounge | Off-topic posting

Cotuit

I see we can add friends now, does anyone want to be my friend?

I added you as a friend.

In all honesty (not that I mind friends), is there a list somewhere of what the new features are and what they mean?

There's a list in the moderator's forum. :whistling: Maybe I'll see if I can whittle it down to something postable, we did end up disabling a few features we didn't like.

Unfortunately the spoiler text was not one of them.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i want the drunk emoticon!!!

It's there, I thought it wasn't (it was one of my key request in the Beta test), you have to click "Show All" the "Next" doesn't reveal all emoticons, I thought it would.

:alc:

Or you can just type:

:alc:

There's a list in the moderator's forum. :whistling: Maybe I'll see if I can whittle it down to something postable, we did end up disabling a few features we didn't like.

Unfortunately the spoiler text was not one of them.

when you add a reply, to the lower right of the reply box, there's a button that says "bb code help". that shows everything we can do and how to do it.

thanks guys. I'll be sending you my 1-900 number soon. :shades:

Edit: On a side note, does anyone know where I can get some real lemongrass stalks? I can get the meaty ends at WF or East Side Marketplace, but I have a recipe I want to try that calls for using the lemongrass stalk as a skewer.

Edited by brick

shhhhhhh.

what i meant to say before the board did a little dipsy do when i was trying to post was that there are a few asian markets on Broad Street, specifically just before the elmwood split, on the right hand side. It is kind of set back a bit but the x used to shop there for catering grub all the time, so they might have it...

thanks, matt. I hope you're over the pukey flu.

Matt's got the flu? I'm down with a virus I picked up in my recent visit to San Francisco this week :(. Enough of these viruses this year!!

Question for everyone: My sister and I would like to donate some books we have to somewhere locally. I can't find any reference on the PPL pages if they accept book donations (they're very happy to take cash, though).

Does anyone know of an institution to donate books to? One that distributes them to the elderly, nursing homes, anywhere? Thanks!

- Garris

Matt's got the flu? I'm down with a virus I picked up in my recent visit to San Francisco this week :(. Enough of these viruses this year!!

Question for everyone: My sister and I would like to donate some books we have to somewhere locally. I can't find any reference on the PPL pages if they accept book donations (they're very happy to take cash, though).

Does anyone know of an institution to donate books to? One that distributes them to the elderly, nursing homes, anywhere? Thanks!

- Garris

one place to check is the colleges. i'll see if i can find anything at PC. i know uconn used to have a book donation box at the bookstore near the area where you sold your books back. they got a lot of the books that the bookstore wasn't taking back.

- Garris

my mother teaches creative writing at the Women's prison in CT and she says their library is a sorry state, so when i moved i gave her 12 cartons of "prison safe" books that she donated, so if you have trouble finding homes for your books, i can give them to her to augment the library.

my mother teaches creative writing at the Women's prison in CT and she says their library is a sorry state, so when i moved i gave her 12 cartons of "prison safe" books that she donated, so if you have trouble finding homes for your books, i can give them to her to augment the library.

what makes a book prison safe?