Lil' Rhody Lounge | Off-topic posting

Cotuit

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMFG the ProJo has that annoying singing shopping bag commercial on the front page. It expands and covers the content and actually has audio of the annoying singing. And the close button on the ad does not work. I swear to Maude that ad makes me want to grab a pile of shopping bags and throw them right in the Bay, jam them down a turtle's throat.

OMFG the ProJo has that annoying singing shopping bag commercial on the front page. It expands and covers the content and actually has audio of the annoying singing. And the close button on the ad does not work. I swear to Maude that ad makes me want to grab a pile of shopping bags and throw them right in the Bay, jam them down a turtle's throat.

Ok you actually made me go there and see the add. Of course to see it I had to change a few settings on my browser. I hate the internet when browsing without the right tools. I did notice that the add only animated when you moused over it and the close button did work for me. Still, if that thing was always popping up on a page I visited frequently I wouldn't be going there for long.

Since I was able to choose to listen to the song, once, I thought the singing was not that bad. I've heard MUCH worse on local adds.

browser

add-on

Edited by markOne

Ok you actually made me go there and see the add. Of course to see it I had to change a few settings on my browser. I hate the internet when browsing without the right tools. I did notice that the add only animated when you moused over it and the close button did work for me. Still, if that thing was always popping up on a page I visited frequently I wouldn't be going there for long.

Since I was able to choose to listen to the song, once, I thought the singing was not that bad. I've heard MUCH worse on local adds.

browser

add-on

I did the same. :ph34r: Had to see it. Had to turn off the block. Hated it. Turned the block back on. Left the site.

http://money.cnn.com/2007/04/02/news/compa...sion=2007040309

http://blogs.business2.com/greenwombat/200...pple_ipod_.html

Wonder what all you neuvo hippie ipod wearers and iMac buyers think of the fact that Apple is horrific for profit company no better than Microsoft.. All your links on your iMac to cruelty free meat vendors and home grown hydroponic patchouli are housed on a machine that an evil corporation produced... Stings a bit huh..

While on topic, is there anyone more smarmy than The Mac Guy from Mac & PC commercials? I wouldn't buy a Mac just cause that guy is associated with them..

Wonder what all you neuvo hippie ipod wearers and iMac buyers think of the fact that Apple is horrific for profit company no better than Microsoft.. All your links on your iMac to cruelty free meat vendors and home grown hydroponic patchouli are housed on a machine that an evil corporation produced... Stings a bit huh..

While on topic, is there anyone more smarmy than The Mac Guy from Mac & PC commercials? I wouldn't buy a Mac just cause that guy is associated with them..

apple likes to keep to themselves and doesn't allow anyone else tell them what to do or how to do it. they think they're gods, especially when it comes to support and getting new clients. i work in a local college here and we've tried and tried to get quotes on computers from apple, but they kept telling us they don't do that. we even let them highball it, but they still wouldn't. they aren't good to corporate customers. so we decided that apple doesn't make a product for the enterprise.

i have issues with apple for other reasons, but this is more icing on the cake, especially when walmart is more green-thinking than apple.

and the pc-guy (john hodgeman) is hilarious, while the mac-guy is a moron.

Apple did reduce the amount of packaging material on the iPod Shuffle and Nano by 30%. Apple does not have a trade-in policy on their old computers as their products enjoy a longer shelf life with owners and a healthy P2P market.

(my 2 cents)

Apple did reduce the amount of packaging material on the iPod Shuffle and Nano by 30%. Apple does not have a trade-in policy on their old computers as their products enjoy a longer shelf life with owners and a healthy P2P market.

(my 2 cents)

having a longer shelf life and the people buying old ones doesn't justify not having a trade-in policy. what happens to old dead ipods? does apple take them back to recycle them or are people forced to toss them or find someone who wants to repair it?

All I need to know about Apple is printed on an iPod: "Designed by Apple in California. Assembled in China"

WHAT?? I bet there are no mirrors in Steve Job's house(s).. Who are they kidding with this.. At least other companies don't lie to their consumers.. Translation: "iPods are made by half naked Chinese minor children working for $0.35 a day, but we want you to feel all fuzzy inside, so we'll lead with 'California'"..

What makes iTunes different from Windows? I love how Apple takes the stance that Microsoft is a big baddy, a "monoply" who forces people into being windows drones.. iTunes uses a different format than the standard (MP3), so how is that different??

All I need to know about Apple is printed on an iPod: "Designed by Apple in California. Assembled in China"

Or other MP3 players made overseas like, you know, Samsung, iRiver, Creative, etc.

WHAT?? I bet there are no mirrors in Steve Job's house(s).. Who are they kidding with this.. At least other companies don't lie to their consumers.. Translation: "iPods are made by half naked Chinese minor children working for $0.35 a day, but we want you to feel all fuzzy inside, so we'll lead with 'California'"..

Prove that Apple lied to customers about iPods NOT being made in China. Or, that Creative and Samsung are paying their workers who make their MP3 players let's say, oh, $7.80 an hour.

What makes iTunes different from Windows? I love how Apple takes the stance that Microsoft is a big baddy, a "monoply" who forces people into being windows drones.. iTunes uses a different format than the standard (MP3), so how is that different??

MP3 is MPEG-1 Layer 3. AAC is MPEG-4 Part 10. Or, in other words, the successor to MP3 for audio:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_audio_coding

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_Pictures_Experts_Group

Unless, of course, people should be ripping their music to an older audio format like MP3, instead of the updated AAC audio format that uh, Blu-Ray and HD-DVD disks use, and the Playstation 3 uses, and all that.

Or, perhaps, instead of purchasing music electronically, people should oh, drive in fossil-fueled cars to stores and buy CD's made of plastic and aluminum encased in a plastic jewel case with a paper front cover that a tree was killed in order to produce, and wrapped up in cellophane and vinyl tape, and all that.

Have a nice day.

Edited by MikeR

i think theank was talking about aac being different from mp3 because of the drm issue, which is the biggest issue i have with apple. steve jobs' hypocritical stance on drm, when he's only now doing somethign about it because of EMI, which is only doing this as a trial, not to mention, selling the non-drm'd songs for more, and i'm sure he's still selling indie music who request no drm with the drm. when he stops that, i'll revisit my opinion of him, but he's no better than bill gates, who has stepped down from MS to work solely on the charity and is donating a TON of money to good causes. when steve-o does that, i'll have a higher opinion of him.

Well I have a Mac and an iPod and I've never worn patchouli. :rolleyes:

And the world thanks you for it. Patchouli is absolutely nauseating. I'd rather the hippies just smelled of weed than trying to mask it with that nasty stuff.

Cotuit, you are dead wrong here.. I'm mean when I'm not drunk.

I'm upset that Apple appears to be the brand choice of the "look down their nose" set of Whole Food Shoppers, who think they are living a green lifestyle, yet own Apple products..

MikeR, Vista is the next version of Windows.. Same reason for creation as MPEG-4? World domination.. Maybe lied was poor choice of wording.. They "inferred" that these were created in California.. Through case studies, Apple found that the average American has only a 5 word attention span.. But I respect your blind devotion to them..

TheAnk: Wow. Mr. Environmental is also a raging capitalist. That's an interesting combination.

MikeR: I hunt quail, TheAnk. They're overpopulated in this region and they're decimating the grubworm population. You got a f%*&ing problem with that?

TheAnk: Not as much as I do with your attire, or just your general point of view toward everybody here. But hey, lets go kill some birds. I'm psyched.

And yet, every other audio media medium uses MP3 (the bluray comparison is like Betamax vs VHS, and CD vs minidisc by the way, see a trend here??), only Apple uses MPEG-4 or M4A( I'm no techie) for reasons other than natural progression and evolution.. Actually, in that way it is very similar to bluray, in that Sony's greed will once again be a collosal failure like Mini Discs was.. How can you support a company like this yet blast Microsoft.. Do you see the similarity?

Cotuit, you are dead wrong here.. I'm mean when I'm not drunk.

I'm upset that Apple appears to be the brand choice of the "look down their nose" set of Whole Food Shoppers, who think they are living a green lifestyle, yet own Apple products..

MikeR, Vista is the next version of Windows.. Same reason for creation as MPEG-4? World domination.. Maybe lied was poor choice of wording.. They "inferred" that these were created in California.. Through case studies, Apple found that the average American has only a 5 word attention span.. But I respect your blind devotion to them..

TheAnk: Wow. Mr. Environmental is also a raging capitalist. That's an interesting combination.

MikeR: I hunt quail, TheAnk. They're overpopulated in this region and they're decimating the grubworm population. You got a f%*&ing problem with that?

TheAnk: Not as much as I do with your attire, or just your general point of view toward everybody here. But hey, lets go kill some birds. I'm psyched.

And yet, every other audio media medium uses MP3 (the bluray comparison is like Betamax vs VHS, and CD vs minidisc by the way, see a trend here??), only Apple uses MPEG-4 or M4A( I'm no techie) for reasons other than natural progression and evolution.. Actually, in that way it is very similar to bluray, in that Sony's greed will once again be a collosal failure like Mini Discs was.. How can you support a company like this yet blast Microsoft.. Do you see the similarity?

I had to re-read all of the comments related to the topic quoted above just to try to get a handle on what was being talked about and I'm still not sure I get what is going on.

To TheAnk: do you hate Apple, everyone who buys Apple products, or everyone? It is kind of hard to tell.