Lil' Rhody Lounge | Off-topic posting

Cotuit

to continue my ranting... the providence fire department came to my street today with a full ladder truck to paint the H on a utility pole to designate a nearby hydrant. there are 4 firemen out there painting it. :rolleyes:

On Saturday all my son wanted to do was go outside and play with our RC trucks. I was tired of sharing, so I bought him a used one and fixed it up and this was the first day we would be able to use it. Just as we were getting shoes on and ready to head downstairs to race up and down the street the fire department showed up to flush the hydrant in front of our house. It completely flooded the street with rusty brown water, thereby nixing our plans of doing lots of sweet sweet jumps. Owen was pissed! Luckily it was so sunny that the water burned off in an hour or so and we were back to rocking out.

This was followed up with hamburgers on the grill in the backyard and then a trip to dairy twirl in cranston (the line was too long at Dairy King). We consumed a LOT of soft serve. Summertime fun is good.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my rant for today. From projo's blog. Pension OK'd for ex-parks employee who embezzled

PROVIDENCE -- The city's Retirement Board voted today not to revoke the pension of a former parks employee convicted of embezzling and then could not decide whether to reduce the pension she is receiving.

http://www.beloblog.com/ProJo_Blogs/newsblog/

Here's my rant for today. From projo's blog. Pension OK'd for ex-parks employee who embezzled

PROVIDENCE -- The city's Retirement Board voted today not to revoke the pension of a former parks employee convicted of embezzling and then could not decide whether to reduce the pension she is receiving.

http://www.beloblog.com/ProJo_Blogs/newsblog/

you have got to be f***ing kidding me!!! what the hell is wrong with the city? the woman embezzled money to feed her gambling problem and then just never went to work. sounds to me like she quit her job and doesn't deserve the pension because she didn't actually retire. that's $1800 each month the city is losing to a convicted felon.

to continue my ranting... the providence fire department came to my street today with a full ladder truck to paint the H on a utility pole to designate a nearby hydrant. there are 4 firemen out there painting it. :rolleyes:

If they send a truck out, it has to go with its full crew in case a call comes in they need to respond to, they can't go back to the station to pick up the other guys then head to the fire. If all 4 guys weren't there, they'd just be sitting around the station waiting for a fire anyway, it's not like they are being paid specifically to paint that H, they are just on duty hanging out waiting for a fire.

If they send a truck out, it has to go with its full crew in case a call comes in they need to respond to, they can't go back to the station to pick up the other guys then head to the fire. If all 4 guys weren't there, they'd just be sitting around the station waiting for a fire anyway, it's not like they are being paid specifically to paint that H, they are just on duty hanging out waiting for a fire.

well, then at the very least, i think it was a waste of gas to send them in the biggest ladder truck they haev (it was the one with the extendable bucket).

PROVIDENCE -- The city Retirement Board reversed itself today and voted to reduce by 99 percent the pension for Kathleen M. Parsons, a former Parks Department office manager who emblezzled parks money for a gambling habit. (projo blog)

wow.

guess someone got some grief about that decision, hmm?

From the projo blog.............. Wondering when Cianci will really be back? Now in federal prison on a corruption charge, he could return to Rhode Island by June 1 and serve the final weeks of his sentence on home confinement.

-- projo.com staff writer Michael P. McKinney

He'll find the city much changed (for the better) once he gets back.

had to rant about this... i just moved and everything went very smoothly except for 2 things... phone and cable/internet (of course all 3 are cox). anyways, the guy came to hook up the phone and it worked fine, except that there's a jack in each room (a total of 4) and only one of those works!

when i called cox to have everything moved, he told me my cable and internet would be turned off at a different time than my phone at my old place. that was fine. they had to actually come out to hook up the phone (see above). the cable and internet were marked "self-install", which is usually fine... if there's a working jack. i found 1 working jack in the apartment out of 3 rooms with jacks (1 of the 3 rooms has a jack and a wire coming through the wall and another has a jack and a second plate with 3 jacks). after not getting cable in the living room, i tried the other rooms and only 1 jack worked in my office. grrr... i wouldn't have setup my tv and all the attached devices had i known that would happen. so i call cox and they have to send someone out. after doing a little investigating, i found that the previous tenant had dish network, who CUT the cable that goes to the living room to hook up to their own box. someone also disconnected a 3-way splitter and put in a 2-way splitter disconnecting the bedroom. and i found that the jack in the bedroom with the 3 connections on it had 2 connections going outside to the dish network box and one going outside and then into the office where there's jsut a wire hanging out of the wall. how the landlords allowed for this is beyond me, but i have never seen a house so wired. there's a total of 7 cable hookups in this 2 bedroom apartment, 5 if you take into account the fact that 2 of them just run through to each other and not to the actual cable or satellite box.

so now cox has to come and replace the 3-way splitter and re-connect the cable that dish network took it upon themselves to simply cut. if i get charged for any of this, i am going to flip out. i still have no idea why there's 4 phone jacks, but only 1 that works. yes, i am old fashioned and still have a landline.

He'll find the city much changed (for the better) once he gets back.

I may have asked this like.. a long time ago. But can Cianci run for any type of position in Providence?

And even if he can't get back up there... does anyone think having him back in the state could possibly bring corruption back the way it used to be when he was here... and the way he scared away whatever development he did.??

I may have asked this like.. a long time ago. But can Cianci run for any type of position in Providence?

And even if he can't get back up there... does anyone think having him back in the state could possibly bring corruption back the way it used to be when he was here... and the way he scared away whatever development he did.??

i doubt he'd run for anything at this point. he's gotta be pretty old by now. i'm not sure if he'd be eligible... he's a convicted felon now, right?

i also think that at this point, the citizens of the city and the state are so sick of the corruption and the old ways of doing things that it won't come back, but it's up to us to keep an eye on that.

Hellllllllllllo lovers :)

"After 19 amazing seasons of The Real World, MTV is revolutionizing the casting process by allowing you, the viewers, to help pick the next housemate. Not only are we are giving all of you the power to help choose who the next housemate will be, you will have a chance to be one yourself! This new innovation in the casting process puts power in the hands of people who watch and love the show. If you know and love The Real World, it doesn't get any cooler than this. "

Sooo.. Thats basically what this link will lead you to.. a place to vote for me :)

You can vote once daily for each person so feel free to log on daily and send me a vote :)

http://realworldcasting.com/people/Skylerpunk

:offtopic:

Were you even born when the original Real World aired? :insert old fogey emoticon:

I will vote for you so I can see you naked and drunk making an ass of yourself and so that I can post it on YouTube, then embed it in a thread here.