Lil' Rhody Lounge | Off-topic posting

Cotuit

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont forget to vote once a day :):)

im trying to figure out a good place to set up 4 or 5 laptops and have free food and drinks for the night life... they can just register and vote there :)

I realllly want this.

Well I hope this doesn't mean we are going to end up with a bunch of one-liner posts from you so that your sig is spread all over the site. Your last 20 posts here are really lacking in any kind of content and a few, especially the one with just a smileycon, are really pushing it.

Well I hope this doesn't mean we are going to end up with a bunch of one-liner posts from you so that your sig is spread all over the site. Your last 20 posts here are really lacking in any kind of content and a few, especially the one with just a smileycon, are really pushing it.

I added the link to my signature just before my last 5 posts I think :)

And with nothing new to talk about lately... all of my posts lack content :)

http://www.urbanplanet.org/UP.Dynamic/development_maps.php

just pick providence from the drop down menu

thanks.

Unfortunately that map is tragically out of date, I've had no time to update it.

I was more or less just trying to get an idea of what projects are out there, has it changed a lot since you last edited the map?

I was more or less just trying to get an idea of what projects are out there, has it changed a lot since you last edited the map?

Most projects are there, some of the statuses are wrong, a few are missing (like BCBS), but its still a good general overview.

I thought we had a providence nightlife thread but I cannot find it :(

this is an article from in newsweekly about the planned closing of axis, embassy, avalon, and modern to make way for a new family friendly and destination dining place for boston.

could this help the gay club scene from RI's sunday and Monday night?

You didn't provide a link silly.

I'm gonna look for it.

Maybe not tomorrow, but Avalon complex gone someday EARLY ESTIMATES BY LYONS GROUP TO DEMOLISH AVALON COMPLEX OVERLY OPTIMISTIC [innewsweekly]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

The Avalon is one of my favorite places to see a band. Some of the best concerts I've ever been to have been there.

The article suggests small venues are a thing of the past, but I think small venues are the BEST place to see live music; where you feel intimately connected to the performer.

I don't disagree with the idea of making a new larger music venue, but does that mean we have to sacrifice all the small ones?

Does anyone remember the WFNX/Phoenix Best Music Poll concerts on Landsdown St in the 90s? One ticket got you: street stage, Axis, Avalon, Mamma Kin, Bill's Bar, Karma Club, Atlas, music all day and evening and sausage vendors on the street. It was how I celebrated the end of the spring semester every year in college.

Does anyone remember the WFNX/Phoenix Best Music Poll concerts on Landsdown St in the 90s? One ticket got you: street stage, Axis, Avalon, Mamma Kin, Bill's Bar, Karma Club, Atlas, music all day and evening and sausage vendors on the street. It was how I celebrated the end of the spring semester every year in college.

They expanded to include the hatch shell and had the best one in years in 2005. But it was bigger money than before. The Hatch had Interpol and The Killers.

I agree that this would be a sad loss. but the new ownership of the Red Sox has certainly done everything they can to clean up the area, and with private investment booming over there, especially Trinity and the Landmark Center, I suppose this was inevitable.

no one sees this as a positive for providence?? :(

a boost for lupos and the gay nightlife on sundays and mondays which are lagging here

Sorry, but I see this more as a loss of one of my favorite venues. I thought the RI gay nightlife was in good standing?

I think having great clubs in Boston is only a boost to PVD, as we have such good access to bean town.

They expanded to include the hatch shell and had the best one in years in 2005. But it was bigger money than before. The Hatch had Interpol and The Killers.

I think Cotuit told me he was at the infamous Green Day concert at the Hatch. Is that right?

Ah, good times.

I saw a lot of good FNX shows @ the hatch including The Catherine Wheel, TMBG, Ozomatli, ...

Ok, I rambling. :offtopic:

I think Cotuit told me he was at the infamous Green Day concert at the Hatch. Is that right?

Yes, I still have the bruises to prove it. My boyfriend was there too, but we didn't know each other yet.

Ah, good times.

I saw Green Day at a Grange Hall on the Cape. Everyone left after 7 league boots played. I think there were 7 or 8 of us for Green Day. A few months later Dookie was released and things changed. a lot. :offtopic:

I am sure some or maybe most of you are watching the History channel special about that includes the new IWAY bridge. I just thought I would add, that the show the states will be airing its episode including Rhode Island on Saturday May 26th at 10pm.

RHODE ISLAND - 16th century Puritanical theocracy drove Roger Williams to flee Massachusetts and found a colony built on religious tolerance. The Gilded Age of the late 1800s came to full flower in Newport where the Astors, the Vanderbilts and other money elite built fabulous mansions.

That is the write up, it looks like it is going to talk mostly about the religious freedom and the mansions of Newport.

Edited by dgreco

of course i forgot to turn the friggin history channel on tonight

it wasn't that exciting, and I am sure it will be on youtube, or you can watch it from their site. They said Providence, Providence, Rhode Island, and Providence River about 100 times.