Lil' Rhody Lounge | Off-topic posting

Cotuit

Thanks for the info, I still find it amazing at how he can attract people and have people follow his ideology almost religiously.

after reading the article, it said that 5000 were inside and 5000 were outside and listened to an abbreviated version of the address he gave inside (so i guess RIC doesn't have a place that holds 10k).

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after reading the article, it said that 5000 were inside and 5000 were outside and listened to an abbreviated version of the address he gave inside (so i guess RIC doesn't have a place that holds 10k).

I wish they found a location either the Dunk or Ryan Center, or some other place I can't think of many, but there has to be some place. I know there might of been some time conflicts but that could of been handled I think.

I wish they found a location either the Dunk or Ryan Center, or some other place I can't think of many, but there has to be some place. I know there might of been some time conflicts but that could of been handled I think.

in contrast, hillary only drew 2000 people to RIC (also from the same article... i guess i should find it and link it).

in contrast, hillary only drew 2000 people to RIC (also from the same article... i guess i should find it and link it).

even if you think of hillary as this 3 headed monster, with Chelsea, Hillary and Bill in total I think they surpassed about 6,000 where OBama in one location one day drew 10,000.

Did anyone else read the top 100 highest paid municipal employees list in the Projo today? Donnie Evans makes $190,000 per year????? And who is this firefighter (no other title) Albert Vendetti making $126,000 per year??? WOW I'm in the wrong business...

Did anyone else read the top 100 highest paid municipal employees list in the Projo today? Donnie Evans makes $190,000 per year????? And who is this firefighter (no other title) Albert Vendetti making $126,000 per year??? WOW I'm in the wrong business...

i hope people start throwing this crap back in the faces of the firefighters' union that keeps claiming they don't make enough money and can't afford to pay a portion of their health care. give me a break (i imagine that considering it lists special titles for others, he's just a regular firefighter).

how about the school teachers and principals that are on that list and the police patrol officers?!? i'll have to bring up those numbers next time the fraternal order of police calls me (which seems to be weekly now).

we are in the wrong business... i need to get a cushy union job with the city.

here's the list for those curious.

Edited by runawayjim

I guess the firefighters pay takes into account a retro active pay raise doled out in 2006, accounting for some of that exorbinant salary...

i'd like to see the projo put out this list every year. i'm curious what the firefighters' pay would look like for 2007. i'd be willing to bet that it's still up there.

in looking at the form for a marriage license... RI state law requires that you state your race and level of education? i can kind of understand the education level (so they know if you're smart enough to get married), but race? the law dates back to 1956. what's up with that?

in looking at the form for a marriage license... RI state law requires that you state your race and level of education? i can kind of understand the education level (so they know if you're smart enough to get married), but race? the law dates back to 1956. what's up with that?

I can remember a Virginia law going back not to long ago that forbib interracial marriage. Of course it was eventually overturned. But I wonder if that's what RI had in mind, being a northern state. Maybe it was just for stats.

I can remember a Virginia law going back not to long ago that forbib interracial marriage. Of course it was eventually overturned. But I wonder if that's what RI had in mind, being a northern state. Maybe it was just for stats.

i'm pretty sure it is just for stats, but everything else that uses that just for stats makes race an optional question. i think it's weird that it's required.

i'm pretty sure it is just for stats, but everything else that uses that just for stats makes race an optional question. i think it's weird that it's required.

I'm really surprised that this hasen't been made public, as of now. Right now they are still talking about recinding the phrase, " State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations".

• 1 month later...

Are there any rules that go along with living in section 8, like not being able to own brand new SUV's while living there? I thought this was just an NYC phenomenon, but all the section 8 tenants near me have really nice cars. Hmm illegal income maybe...aren't there case workers to investigate these things?

• 1 month later...