Metro Flint developments

dnast

well, im not sure about any of the other towns in Genesee County, but in my town Davison, there are plans for a new municipal center that would include all the city offices, a library and a museum.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 'Outdoor Village' is just about finished at Genesee Valley, Barnes and Noble should be opening sometime in June (and if anyone hears something about them taking applications finally, please let me know!).

Off the top of my head, there really aren't any other major projects happening in the area outside of downtown. Flushing is putting in a clock. :P

The 'Outdoor Village' is just about finished at Genesee Valley, Barnes and Noble should be opening sometime in June (and if anyone hears something about them taking applications finally, please let me know!).

Off the top of my head, there really aren't any other major projects happening in the area outside of downtown. Flushing is putting in a clock. :P

They are taking applications at the B. Dalton in the mall for about q couple of weeks now.

Genesee county.

I'm a big fan, but i'm so far away i'm not in the know. I rely on all y'all to keep me in the loop.

Well Montrose is currently renovating their old train station. They moved it to a more prominate location and have been working on it for over a year now. For years it sat hidden off a block or two south of 57 on a dead end road that no one ever went down. It was covered with cheap siding and used as a storage shed for years. My friends and I tried for years to break into the building to check it out but we were young and stupid and never suceeded. I am really excited about this happening because it is a piece of history from my home town being ressurected. That and I have always loved trainstations.

They are taking applications at the B. Dalton in the mall for about q couple of weeks now.

I thought that was closed down in April? :o If they're still opening, then I need to get back up there and drop mine off! Thanks!

I thought that was closed down in April? :o If they're still opening, then I need to get back up there and drop mine off! Thanks!

It was in the paper a week or so ago I havn't been to the mall in at least a month though so I do not know for sure.

I went up there today to drop off applications at other stores, but unless they moved B. Dalton to another wing of the mall (which wouldn't make sense this close to the new store opening) it looks like it is indeed closed.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure B. Dalton (owned by B&N) closed because a proper Barnes & Noble store will be opening soon.

Well yeah, but they were taking applications for said Barnes and Noble store for a while. Like I said I havn't been up there in a while so they probably closed the article was in the paper.

Here are some old pictures I found here.

http://www.michiganrailroads.com/RRHX/Stat.../MontroseMI.htm

Old Post Card Shot.

GTWMontroseDepot[AlanLoftisColl].jpg

Degraded state in it's original location. This is what my friend and I would try to unsuccesfully break into when we were kids.

GTWMontroseDepot2003[AlanLoftis].jpg

After relocation.

GTWMontroseDepotInterior2004-2[AlanLoftis].jpg

Here is the article from the Flint Journal about its relocation from.

http://www.railfan.net/lists/rshsdepot-dig...0/msg00019.html

Historic train depot moved

HOMETOWN HEADLINES

MONTROSE

THE FLINT JOURNAL FIRST EDITION

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

By Carl Lindquist

JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

http://www.mlive.com/news/fljournal/index....77861199710.xml

Montrose's historic Grand Trunk Train Depot was relocated Tuesday morning from its original site near Maple and Genesee Streets to its new location on State Street near the railroad tracks.

Depot Restoration Committee members plan to make the depot the center of a proposed bike trail through the city and Montrose Township.

The committee also plans to pursue grant money for restoration and development.

=================================

The Railroad Station Historical Society maintains a database of existing

railroad structures at: http://www.rrshs.org

------------------------------

Archived