32 stories - 381 units (approved)

0216sky2.jpg

Embassy Suites (under construction)

20 story/373 unit hotel

The Plaza at Harbour Island

three 20 story towers - 360 units

ThePlaza_elevation.jpg

www.theplazaharbourisland.com

Bank of America Tampa Heights Redevelopment (proposed)

(3) 10 story condos

dev1.jpg

dev2.jpg

Park Crest @ Harbour Island

9 stories (under construction)

rendering_bigger.jpg

www.parkcrestharbourisland.com

Residences @ Franklin

8 stories/34 units (approved)

165.jpg

Art Center Lofts (under construction)

5 floors/50 units

rendering.jpg

www.artcenterlofts.com

Tampa Museum of Art (proposed)

0219arts1.jpg

Downtown-Bayshore

One Bayshore (under construction)

17-story condo building/ 107 unit, 26-story apartment building

rendering.jpg

Citivest (proposed)

24 stories

0503bay2.jpg

Bellamy (under construction)

23-story Condo

thebellamy.jpg

www.thebellamy.com

The Alagon (under construction)

24 story condo towerDowntown-Channel District

Tampa Global Communication Teleconvergence Center

45 stories - 500 ft-450 unit hotel/130 condos

O2 Condominiums (under construction)

624ft observation tower

(2) 41 story condominium towers/400 residential units

8 story/400 unit hotel

pinnacle1.jpg

pinnacle2.jpg

Downtown Channelside (approved)

(2) 30 story towers/310ft/250 units & Kash n Karry grocery store

Towers @ Channelside (approved)

(2) 30 story condo towers/360 ft/260 units

0111channel1.jpg

Crescent Heights Channelside (preliminary approved)

3 towers/800 units-SW corner of Eunice Ave & Jefferson St.

0407cnd2.jpg

Ventana Condos(approved)

(2) 9 story towers/96 units

Bldg_Rend.jpg

siteplan.jpg

www.ventanatampa.com

The Meridian (under construction)

6 stories/35 units

home2Rendering.jpg

www.meridianlofts.com

Grand Central at Kennedy(approved)

(2) 14 story towers/496 units

[url=http://www.notthesuburbs.com%5b/i%5dVictory%20Lofts%20(under%20construction)89%20units%20-%204%20and%207%20story%20buildingslt_vb_pic2.giflt_vb_pic4.gif%5burl=http://www.victorylofts.com%5dwww.victorylofts.com]www.notthesuburbs.com

Victory Lofts (under construction)

89 units - 4 and 7 story buildings

lt_vb_pic2.gif

lt_vb_pic4.gif

[url=http://www.victorylofts.com]www.victorylofts.com

1000 Channelside, 950 Channelside (under construction)

30 lofts

Campbe1.jpg

The Place at Channelside (approved)

(2) 8 stories - 244 units

278.gif

Seaport Town Centre at Channelside (proposed)

400 low-rise residential units

12th Street Townhomes (proposed)

26 units

Wow... that's a great list of projects.  Tampa doesn't get as much play in the boards as Jacksonville and Orlando, but this list of projects is pretty impressive.  Hopefully these projects will help inject some vibrance into downtown Tampa.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

These would make Tampa more of a "classic downtown" with the density of high-rises. Downtown Tampa is on it's way to becoming a true 24-hour urban center.

This town is gonna be jumpin' in another few years. The Art Center Lofts are already completed and have residents in them. (They're not near as nice as they look from the outside though, and their view is of the underside of I-275 bridge; my place is much better.)

I was in the courthouse square today and looking east, toward Grand Central and, presumably, the Four Seasons, there's a big gap in the skyline. It will be nice when that gets filled in.

There are LOTS of places in the center of downtown that are just ripe for some infill, but I suppose that's still many years away.

FYI, I also got my name on the list for the Skypoint lottery. I have notoriously bad luck, so it won't really have any effect on me whether the rest of you jump in, too... but I gotta tell ya, the place looks terrific.

Edited by thehappysmith

Wow, the city is growing up really fast.

I also put my name on the list at SkyPoint. They already have twice more applications that they have units. And it's been only 2 days. They will accept applications until April. I wonder what my changes will be at the lottery.

Edited by anuta

Wow, the city is growing up really fast.

I also put my name on the list at SkyPoint.  They already have twice more applications that they have units. And it's been only 2 days. They will accept applications until April.  I wonder what my changes will be at the lottery.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree that Tampa will definitely have a facelift in the near future. I have a unit in Parkcrest Harbour Island and Grand Central. The best way to get into these is to have communication with the developers and Sales Team prior to the PreConstruction Sales or Auction, Lottery, etc... We were fortunate to have this done in Grand Central. Sort of like a Pre PreConstruction Pricing.

I am looking forward for an architect to take it in to the next level and make a unique skyscraper. Something that will say, "That skyline is Tampa." My fiance is from Chicago and you look at their skyline and say " :w00t: " Although, it's comparing apples and oranges as Chicago has had its long history like NYC.

Marc

Wow, it looks like our Tampa Bay-area membership has surged... Welcome aboard everyone :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tampa membership is up everywhere. That's what happens when a city actually pulls its head out of a** and starts becoming urban.

This list is missing mention of numerous projects around Tampa, but I hesitate to direct folks to a more complete list. I'm not into the whole "hijack another site's members" thing. Lakelander knows where to go. :)

^No problem here, this is definately not my thing. Its just another place to learn about the urban side of Florida. As you know its virtually impossible to keep up with everything going on in a booming metro like Tampa, when you live a couple of hundred miles away. Of course you know I know where to go to get more info, but I have a personal policy against posting any information or pics, on regions outside of Jax, that I can't find off the net or media outlets myself.

Crescent Properties (currently building Parkside at one Bayshore project on Bayshore and Platt )has acquired the Stafford apartment complex on the corner of South Howard and West Palm drive (one block off Bayshore blvd.). Plans are to demolish the buildings in July and build brownstone type townhomes. Pricing is expected to be $750m to 950m.

Edited by llevine7

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

does any one have any info about the four seasons in sales

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm just as curious as you are. The building is awesome looking. It doesn't look like the typical south Florida condo's. It looks more like something in Atlanta or the north. A lawyer (Keith Brickelmeyer) was involved in this but I don't have the guts to ask him in an email. I keep looking for updates in the Tribune and other websites but there has not been any info. It may be dead, Trump may have klobbered it or there is an agenda that's not being released to the public. Who knows? If Tampa could market itself as an alternative to south Florida maybe there would be many more condo's popping up. Four Seasons would have the tallest. Don't know if you know this, but the FAA has a height restriction on Tampa of 630 feet (I believe). To build taller than that, the developer would have to fight with the FAA and get a special permit. I don' know why the FAA put this restriction on Tampa. It's not like the airport is adjacent to downtown. In Atlanta & Miami the moon is the limit. It's like those two cities can get what ever they want.

• 2 weeks later...

Crescent Properties (currently building Parkside at one Bayshore project on Bayshore and Platt )has acquired the Stafford apartment complex on the corner of South Howard and West Palm drive (one block off Bayshore blvd.). Plans are to demolish the buildings in July and build brownstone type townhomes. Pricing is expected to be $750m to 950m.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The city just told them to scale it down. Just another example of the powers that be wanting to keep Tampa looking like a small hick town. Crescent should forget about Bayshore and go to DT or Channelside. Even in those places, somebody is going to beotch that it's too big, too tall or blocks a view. I hope the land that's left down there doesn't get wasted on "sclaed down". I hope someday Tampa looks like a mini Miami, not a big Zephyrhills.

• 2 weeks later...

Tampa highrise condo makes it official: 'we're out of the ground'

SkyPoint, a planned downtown Tampa's highrise condominium, is scheduled to break ground in a ceremony June 14 presided on by Tampa Mayor Pam Iorio.

Novare-Intown Tampa Development, LLC is developing SkyPoint.

Construction by general contractor R.J. Griffin is underway, a release said.

Occupancy is slated for late 2006.

The 32-story, 380-unit building at 777 Ashley Drive will feature one-and two-bedroom units with prices starting in the $170s to the $400s. The building will contain one- and two-bedroom units with amenities that include floor-to-ceiling glass, balconies, 10-foot ceilings, kitchens with granite and stainless steel, and high-tech features such as high speed Internet and pre-wiring for electronics and satellite television.

More than 10,000 square feet of street-level retail is proposed.

Novare Group is a private real estate development and investment company based in Atlanta and founded in 1992. The company has a history of development in both the office and residential sectors. Novare concentrates on the development of high-rise, mixed-use condominiums and is an active real estate developer in the Southeast, with more than 3,500 condominium units in development, a release said.

Intowngroup is a Tampa-based real estate development team focused on creating sustainable, walkable, urban infill projects in the southeastern United States. Intowngroup is currently involved in several other downtown Tampa urban infill projects.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

What about the Hillsborough River Tower? No one's mentioned it yet, but it's the second tallest approved building. I can't post the darn picture but here's the link anyways.

http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=102387

It's six hundred feet tall and has to be one of the most beautiful towers I've ever seen. It is sooo cool. Check it out.