Tampa Development Thread

bobliocatt

• 1 month later...

This is a really great project indeed. I absolutly love the design. The only thing even more interesting is the lot that it is going on (there is a Mercantile Bank building there now). If they are planning on keeping the Sheraton hotel right there then that is a interesting piece of small property to place such a large hotel. I hope that this one gets built though, we could use some development around that spot.

Steve

• 9 months later...

Over at the Tampa forums at skyscrapercity.com there is a much more complete list that mainy I keep up to date. The forum over there is much more active then the one over here.

Skyscrapercity.com Tampa forum- http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay...amp;forumid=842

Tampa list- http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=450050

Edited by FloridaFuture

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...
On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 10:20 PM, Mr_Bond said:

Great question!  Looks like the Tampa thread was active several years ago.  Why did activity drop off?

wow life was so different when I posted that in May '15 LOL

and I have no idea.. Orlando is the one thats updated almost 24/7 along with some cities in the Virginia/Tennessee area/East coast 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2018 at 1:05 AM, W7edwin said:

wow life was so different when I posted that in May '15 LOL

and I have no idea.. Orlando is the one thats updated almost 24/7 along with some cities in the Virginia/Tennessee area/East coast 

The Nashville thread is en fuego.  I live in Nashville but have clients in Tampa and Orlando.  When in central Florida, I'll try to take pics of things I see.  Maybe we can get something started again.

Looks like you may be a TN/FL commuter as well.

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:44 PM, Mr_Bond said:

The Nashville thread is en fuego.  I live in Nashville but have clients in Tampa and Orlando.  When in central Florida, I'll try to take pics of things I see.  Maybe we can get something started again.

Looks like you may be a TN/FL commuter as well.

ohh that's nice

I never travel outside of Orlando actually (ive been to Tampa 2x in my life for a day each time and not to even visti their downtown).. ive never been to another state either #1stworldnomoneyproblems 

but I have friends who've gone to Tennessee and they love it, so I'm intrigued to visit 

• Like 1

On 10/13/2018 at 2:30 PM, W7edwin said:

ohh that's nice

I never travel outside of Orlando actually (ive been to Tampa 2x in my life for a day each time and not to even visti their downtown).. ive never been to another state either #1stworldnomoneyproblems 

but I have friends who've gone to Tennessee and they love it, so I'm intrigued to visit 

Per your suggestion, I've started following some of the activity in Orlando.  Yes, they're very busy on UP.  Do they have a meeting?  In Nashville, the UP group has a meeting one Saturday a month and often invite speakers.  It can be quite fun!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mr_Bond said:

Per your suggestion, I've started following some of the activity in Orlando.  Yes, they're very busy on UP.  Do they have a meeting?  In Nashville, the UP group has a meeting one Saturday a month and often invite speakers.  It can be quite fun!

no I dont think Orlando ever has had a meeting... you can make a thread and ask about those topics in the Orlando cofeeshouse, the other members there have been here longer and are more active in this site and outside in terms of attending planning board meetings  than I am 

Edited by W7edwin
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2019 at 8:05 PM, KJHburg said:

Charlotte is probably the most active UP site in the country and it is constantly update hourly!  and we take a lot of photos.  I will be coming to Tampa next year for the first time in years and I will light this board up don't worry. 

Happy to see you here, KJHburg!  I'm in Tampa about every 5-6 weeks and take some pics when I can.   I'll look for your posts here!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 2/3/2019 at 9:05 PM, KJHburg said:

Charlotte is probably the most active UP site in the country and it is constantly update hourly!  and we take a lot of photos.  I will be coming to Tampa next year for the first time in years and I will light this board up don't worry. 

KJ, did You come here yet?  I’m in Orlando at the moment.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

KJ, did You come here yet?  I’m in Orlando at the moment.

Tampa will be next Jan. on my annual winter Florida trip.  I went to Orlando briefly a couple of months ago.  Take some photos if you are down there and load them up.  

• Like 2