I-275westcoastflorida

Clearwater Jewel Tower

Floors: N/A

Height: 900 ft

Groundbreaking: N/A

Completion: 2000 (proposed)

Type: Mixed-Use

Address: N/A

The Clearwater Jewel Tower was proposed in early 1995 by the Landmark Tower Corp. The tower would have been over 750 ft tall, and have been located in Clearwater Beach. The proposal contained condos, a hotel, retail, restaurants, an observation deck, and a monorail to the mainland.

ClearwaterTower.jpg

Imagine if this thing was built but i cant really picture such a tall tower at Clearwater beach, but i guess its the tourism factor, i found this looking for a pic of downtown clearwater

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clearwater Jewel Tower

Floors: N/A

Height: 900 ft

Groundbreaking: N/A

Completion: 2000 (proposed)

Type: Mixed-Use

Address: N/A

The Clearwater Jewel Tower was proposed in early 1995 by the Landmark Tower Corp. The tower would have been over 750 ft tall, and have been located in Clearwater Beach. The proposal contained condos, a hotel, retail, restaurants, an observation deck, and a monorail to the mainland.

ClearwaterTower.jpg

Imagine if this thing was built but i cant really picture such a tall tower at Clearwater beach, but i guess its the tourism factor, i found this looking for a pic of downtown clearwater

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This would be a great replacement for the Space Needle planned w/ the Piannle Place project in Tampa. This, would be a true "re-defining landmark" for downtown.

Yea but i think the main attraction of this is the height which i like both this design and the Pinnacle Tower design which will be the tallest thing in Tampa but not by alot but this tower would be the tallest non radio tower in Florida, but i think the design for the Pinnacle Tower is good though and so is this one.

• 2 weeks later...

does anybody know why construction was cancelled?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The city didn't approve it, as far as I know.

Cheers

Justin

www.bayciti.net

PS I scanned that picture, it's from a St Pete Times digital archive printout (if you want to give anyone credit for it)

Archived