Pics of Greenville

krazeeboi

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Krazeeboi, you'll find far more once you arive here than any of these pics can show. I believe that the most significant improvements to downtown have done very little to change the skyline, but have made the the place one you'll never forget! That being said, there are a few important changes in the skyline, but for some reason I haven't seen any recent aerial shots of the entire DT. :)

I recommend parking in the Richardson Street Garage, since it's free on weekends, and walking over to Main Street (right next to the garage). You can walk either walk up Main Street toward the Hyatt Regency, or down toward the historic Westin Poinsett, Peace Center, Falls Park, RiverPlace, and the West End, among other places. You'll find all kinds of neat things to see, do, and especially eat. I also highly recommend at least walking through Falls Park and over the Liberty bridge, the most unique pedestrian bridge that I've ever seen. :thumbsup:

These plans are solid. One is a 13 story structure by Bob Ellis, and the other is 12 or 13 story condo tower being built across from Riverplace. Another structure by Bob Ellis at 14 storys was mentioned, but they didn't give much detail on it. You can find the story at the Greenville News website.

Yeah, I like those very much! I used the top one (since I didn't have my copy of the second one at the time) in a 30-second commercial I made of downtown Greenville a couple weeks ago. I tried to hide the obvious age of the photo by covering the Camperdown bridge, which is now long-gone. Anyway, I would have preferred to use the other pic, because it gives a nice distance shot that includes most of the prominent high-rises. :)

I have lots of aerials that I took of Greenville......................but I need to post 98 more times before I can attach pictures.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can go to photobucket and sign up for a free account. This will allow you upload pictures there and to post them here. Make sure you use the IMG tag :)

Welcome to the forum!

• 2 weeks later...

Great collection of pics.  I love the look of Main Street.  How long does the pedestrian friendly portion of Main run?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now you know why I like shade trees so much ;) I would love to see streets like (Jacksonville's) Laura and Bay Street have shade like that.

Main Street is heavily shaded with extra wide sidewalks for about 5 blocks, then you have a large "gathering" area in front of the Westin (as seen in the photo). The trees thin out at this part. Continuing on Main, the trees return for a couple more blocks. At that point, you are at the Reedy River Bridge. After the Bridge the pedestrian treatment continues, this area is called West End and the trees are not as full because they were planted more recently. Still very nice though. At the end of the West End district, is where the Ballpark will go.

The pictures really don't do it justice because the trees are bare, you should see them in Spring and Summer. You should plan a trip sometime. I love to tour guide.

Archived