Pics of Greenville

krazeeboi

With the hospital construction that is taking place over off of Patewood/Commonwealth and with the improvements being made on I-385, I'm rather surprised that an exit at Patewood wasn't added.

I know you can get to these places via the Haywood Exit and taking either Pelham or Orchard Park. You can also go the Roper Mountain / Roper Mountain Extension route. However, a direct exit seems to have been warranted here, considering the hospitals.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you have an account on photobucket.com (or the like) or have a site if your own where you can upload the .jpg files, then you would simply do this:

1) click on the "IMG" Tag Button

2) paste in the URL (i.e http://www.mydomain.com/images/myphoto.jpg)

Once you've hit 100 posts with UrbanPlanet, you can browse for and attach images to your posts, but you're limited in space.

Also, you may want to check out this forum:

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?showforum=2

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks RT :thumbsup:

I thought maybe this site hosted images. I'll join photobucket or something of the sort.

This was from over a week ago.  This is The Richland at Cleveland Park, on East Washington Street.  A very nice Italian design and looks great from inside Cleveland Park. :)

935e3ccc.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I drove by there last week. Very nice indeed :)

A nice shot of the Reedy River behind Rene's Steakhouse at the Peace Center. In the background you can see the work being done on RiverPlace.

IMGA0863.jpg

The old Stagecoach factory behind the Peace Center. President Bush has been here on more than one occasion in recent years.

IMGA0846.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Saturday in the park (Falls Park, that is)...

Here are some photos taken this afternoon at Falls Park and River Place. I know there are a lot of photos of Falls Park on various threads throughout this forum already, but this is one place we can never get tired of seeing, isn't it?!?!?! B)

Liberty Bridge:

20050716_0001.jpg

20050716_0004.jpg

Performance at the Carolina First Amphitheatre:

20050716_0002.jpg

The Merrill Lynch Overlook at Falls Place:

20050716_0003.jpg

20050716_0008.jpg

Walking up the steps toward Tate Plaza on Main Street (River Place in the background, the Falls Lake Falls sculpture in the foreground):

20050716_0005.jpg

20050716_0006.jpg

20050716_0007.jpg

Photos taken from the Liberty Bridge:

20050716_0011.jpg

20050716_0012.jpg

20050716_0013.jpg

20050716_0014.jpg

River Place from the Promenade / River Walk Level:

20050716_0015.jpg

Work beginning on pedestrian access to the Promenade / River Walk from Main Street and Capmerdown Way (seems that the Main Street Bridge has been partially dismantled):

20050716_0016.jpg

20050716_0017.jpg

River Place from what will soon be the Promenade / River Walk (work coming along on the Hampton Inn and Suites in the background):

20050716_0018.jpg

Great Pics Rested! Thanks for sharing.

One thing that I particularly like about the pics of Riverplace is that they show that a building doesn't have to be 15, 20 or 30 storiess to be majestic. With the right location and architecture, a mid-rise building can still draw attention to itself and inspire awe. I think that is one reason Greenville hasn't stressed height so much. The office and residential markets can support a large number of mid-rise buildings, but only so many 20-30 story buildings. This allows the positive impact to be "spread around" to numerous locations throughout the CBD.

Man, RT, it's simply incredible! I haven't checked up on this thread until just now, and you took some of the same photos I did this afternoon! :silly: It was too inviting not to traverse beyond the barriers at RiverPlace - which were not pulled back across the path anyway. That restaurant in the rounded corner of the office building along Main Street will be awesome. B)

Anyway, I've got a few similar, yet different pics, so enjoy! :thumbsup:

IMGA0951.jpg

IMGA0940.jpg

Looking straight up under the riverside corner of the office building.

IMGA0929.jpg

IMGA0933.jpg

Great Pics, Skyliner! Not having a barrier underneath that bridge was just an open invitation for us to walk on down, cameras in hand, it seems :lol:

I can't wait for all phases of River Place to be complete....especially the pedestrian access and the fountains between the Hampton Inn and the Terrace. It's going to be awesome! :thumbsup:

Perhaps Columbia/W. Columbia can get a few ideas for developing the Congaree from Greenville. ^_^

That's gonna be a sharp Hampton Inn at River Place...I like the obvious effort to incorporate outdoor art & water features throughout the development. This adds a nice element of continuity, tying in with the waters of the Reedy.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived