Pics of Greenville

krazeeboi

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Was looking online to try to find a better time line for when the picture was taken. Couldn't find a date, but I found and interesting fact. The Woodside Building, for those of you who don't know it is the white high rise in the middle of the post card down the street from the Daniel Building, was Greenville's first skyscraper built in 1923, also when it was torn down to make room for the Wachovia Building I believe, it was the tallest building ever to be torn down in the state. Also intersting to note if you look at a picture of today next to the post card a LOT has changed in the last 35 years. I could list them all but the list is endless no Peace Center, no Liberty Plaza, Memorial Auditorium is still there, no bland Bank of America Building, ect., ect.

• 5 weeks later...

PICTURES! of the most random things downtown:

newdowntownpics023.jpg

West North Street I think: (one of my favorite streets downtown because of its urban feel and it has always reminded me of Charleston:

newdowntownpics020.jpg

newdowntownpics021.jpg

I don't know what they were doing or what they did to these awnings. I havent been back by. anyone know?:

newdowntownpics017.jpg

Heritage Green:

newdowntownpics018.jpg

River Street looking toward the intersection with Augusta and South Main Streets in the West End:

newdowntownpics014.jpg

South Main at the intersection of River and Augusta Streets. Imagine this in 5 years. Even 1 year:

newdowntownpics012.jpg

newdowntownpics019.jpg

Typical Main Street stop and go traffic. It may take three times as long to reach your destination, but its beauty makes the ride worth the wait:

newdowntownpics007.jpg

Newly renovated building on North Main:

newdowntownpics005.jpg

Main Street, across from the Hyatt:

newdowntownpics001.jpg

The corner of Main and Washington Streets: (sorry about the sun)

newdowntownpics006.jpg

The corner of Main and Coffee Streets: (once again, the sun caused a bad glare)

newdowntownpics004.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived