Pics of Greenville

krazeeboi

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice shot! I love the Bookends and what they add to views from this side of downtown... I'm lacking the word to describe it, but it's a great building(s)

Way too much land devoted to parking lots. Imagine all the great buildings demolished for no other reason.

Not really a city at all...

So thats why that heard of cattle grazed by last week when I was sitting outside the coffee shop on my laptop. Man, all this time....I thought I was in a city, and it's really just a pasture. The things you learn!

:rofl:

Well, here's some picture of this place that's not a city...

JANUARY004.jpg

JANUARY005.jpg

JANUARY006.jpg

JANUARY011.jpg

JANUARY012.jpg**

JANUARY023.jpg

JANUARY013.jpg

JANUARY008.jpg

JANUARY018.jpg

**^^^The trees have really done a number to the front of Wachovia Place- needs to be cleaned!

Great shots, GvilleSC! I would simply direct mcashlv's attention to downtown Charlotte and ask if all those parking lots mean it is not a city as well. :lol:

A vast assemblage of parking lots, tract housing, freeways, and strip shopping centers is more of an 'inhabited place', not a city in the sense of Rome, Paris, Amsterdam, etc. Perhaps mooing is an advanced method of self-expression among certain population groups who dwell in such places. Clemson graduates? :rofl:

Actually, there are a few graduates of Clemson on this forum, but the ones you are refering to are not from around here.

So, how many people do you know who share your opinion about the definition of an American city? Please let us know what these others (Rome, Paris, Amsterdam, etc.) have that Greenville doesn't so we can learn what our city lacks. Or please just simply contribute without being so directly insulting to other members and we'll be able to carry on a civilized discussion here. ;)

A vast assemblage of parking lots, tract housing, freeways, and strip shopping centers is more of an 'inhabited place', not a city in the sense of Rome, Paris, Amsterdam, etc. Perhaps mooing is an advanced method of self-expression among certain population groups who dwell in such places. Clemson graduates? :rofl:

University of Florida; however, we did have quite an outstanding Agricultural and Animal Sciences program there. I elected Computer and Information Sciences as a major, myself; therefore, any Mooing in which I partake is likely simply an advanced symptom of insanity. :rofl:

Biting my tongue on this one...

I moo when I'm happy....and the city of Greenville makes me ecstatic! MOO, MOO, MOO :yahoo:

http://www.happycowcreamery.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wachovia Place on Washington Street @ Main Street.

WachoviaPlace01.jpg

Poinsett Corners, looking toward the new Hampton Inn and Suites at RiverPlace.

PoinsettCorners01.jpg

Main Street looking north on a Sunday morning.

MainStreet03.jpg

South Main Street looking south toward the Westin Poinset Hotel on a Sunday morning. Later in the day, the sidewalk is bustling with pedestrians and cafe tables are set out for hungry groups to enjoy a delicious break under the green canopy.

MainStreet04.jpg

Wachovia Place and the Liberty Building, from Court Square.

MainStreet05.jpg

Visitors have booked up the Westin Poinsett Hotel on Main Street this week.

MainStreet07.jpg

Archived