Friendly Center & The Shops at Friendly

StevenRocks

• 1 month later...

first, ezcheese, thank you so much for the pics!!!

Also, FOX8 reported tonight on more tenants (some have been previously announced) and they gave the mid-October opening date.. joining Harris Teeter (whose store i think will be on the backside)

Coldwater Creek, Aveda, Swoozies, Fleming's Restarant, REI, Tablot's, SOHO Shoes, PF Changs, Mimi's Diner,

SoHo Shoes is an upscale shoe retailer that has stores in Raleigh and Durham. I was hoping we would see a very upscale reatiler such as Nordstrom. This is a very wealthy part of town in terms of demographics and I think Friendly Center could support a Nordstroms. The unique thing about this retail project is that it will include 100 condos. They will most likely be high end condos

Edited by cityboi

I checked on my earlier question. The Aveda salon coming to Friendly won't be the same thing as the Aveda Lifestyle Store at Four Seasons, so that tenant is safe.

I like the tenant mix on this new section. Some of the stores in the older part of the center will shift and reposition, but I think it will be a good thing overall.

This Friendly Center project has some competition (The Village at North Elm)

check out this story. The Village at North Elm will also have an upscale shoe store that sells hand bags upwards to $3,000 dollars. Stores in Greensboro are beginning to get pricer.

http://www.newsandrecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll...001/NEWSREC0201

Edited by cityboi

• 1 month later...

I drove by today. A lot of things to update... The facade is already taking shape. PF Changs has a sign up and looks almost done and ready to open. The Harris Teeter is looking massive from the angle that I could see it... I think its taking elements from Morrocroft and elements from the "New prototype" Harris Teeter for a new look. There are faux-stucco domes all around the center to give it that upscale look.

I will get pics soon! Don't worry

• 3 weeks later...