Sign in to follow this  
StevenRocks

Friendly Center & The Shops at Friendly

I agree on Sears. No matter when you drive by there, you don't see a lot of shoppers there. Sears is struggling nationwide because of the crowded competition. Stores like Walmart and Target have hurt Sears with their lower prices and greater variety of products. I do think its only a matter of time before Sears closes at Friendly Center and it would be interesting to see what would replace it.

Edited by cityboi

Greensboro city leaders (if we can call them that) have got to start focusing on cleaning up the image of that city, or they will continue to loose companies, jobs, and opportunities...

Edited by RALNATIVE

Dolce and Gabbana coming to the Shops at Friendly Center? There have been rumors flying around the high end luxury Italian retail store could be coming to Greensboro. It would be by far the highest end store in the Triad.  Its the type of store that you expect to see only in malls with the likes of Neiman Marcus and Saks. If true it would be located in the space next to Brooks Brothers. Right now its hearsay but there has been some talk going on about it.

http://www.dolcegabbana.com/store-locator/united-states/

That's funny. I would have thought that they would have gone into the Greensboro Triumph Center. That's good news for Friendly. After looking at their current store locations, GSO is a natural next step to grow their brand in North America.

• Like 1

After looking at their current store locations, GSO is a natural next step to grow their brand in North America.

Beverly Hills, Aspen, Boca Raton, Greensboro.

like I said its just hearsay. Take it with a grain of salt.

Well then why post it on UP?

While others are posting comments regarding legitimate things that are currently happening or are planned, you're posting hearsay...

I find it hard to believe that a mall with a customer base that cannot support a BELK could support a D&G.  Delusions of grandeur.

Edited by RichardC

I find it hard to believe that a mall with a customer base that cannot support a BELK could support a D&G.  Delusions of grandeur.

That's because there is already a Belk "flagship" store at Friendly Center. Other upscale retailers such as Brooks Brothers seem to be doing well in Greensboro.

Edited by cityboi

My point was in reference to Four Seasons Mall.  That went right over your head, I guess.  Four Seasons has it's own demographic as a retail center, hence, the fact of it's decline.

Edited by RichardC

There is also a Macy's in Greensboro that is shutting down. It's one of the only Macy's in NC to shutter. There were also two other clothing retailers located at Friendly Center that closed recently.

It just boggles my mind how anyone would believe that a retailer like Dolce & Gabbana is interested in opening a boutique store in that market. I'd be more likely to believe cityboi if he said that he was traveling to the planet Mars next month.

Edited by RALNATIVE

Three stores opening at Friendly Center.

Aerie, Dry Goods and Versona.

Charlotte and Raleigh are the only other cities in the state with Versona.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/news/2020/01/17/major-triad-shopping-center-adds-trio-of-tenants.html?iana=hpmvp_triad_news_headline

Edited by cityboi

1 hour ago, cityboi said:

Three stores opening at Friendly Center.

Aerie, Dry Goods and Versona.

Charlotte and Raleigh are the only other cities in the state with Versona.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/news/2020/01/17/major-triad-shopping-center-adds-trio-of-tenants.html?iana=hpmvp_triad_news_headline

I think you mean Dry Goods. Versona is in Asheville and Winston, as well as multiple RDU and CLT locations. 

2 minutes ago, Rufus said:

I think you mean Dry Goods. Versona is in Asheville and Winston, as well as multiple RDU and CLT locations. 

Thanks you are right