Things to do in Atlanta...

nyxmike

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could check out the Capitol, World of Coca-Cola, Underground Atlanta, CNN Center, See a show at the Historic Fox Theatre, The High Museum of Art, Have lunch at the Varsity, then go have dinner at the revolving Sundial Restaurant high atop the Wastin Peachtree.... Stone Mountain is probably interesting.

If you time you could go to Six Flags. If you time it righ tyou could catch a game from one of the many professional sports teams Atlanta has.

I'm sure there are other things.

History wise there is Fernback which is a decent Museum of Natural History, Atlanta History Museum in Buckhead. Also, the King History Center.

Party wise there is Buckhead (on a decline because of 2am closing rule), Underground (on a rise since they don't close til 4am), and Midtown.

More social/less club like there is Virginia Highlands and DT Decatur.

History/Park - there is Stone Mountain, which is pretty unique.

There are the sports already mentioned (though the Hawks are the only one playing and they suck, lol). Plus the attractions already mentioned.

We have numerous plays and comedy shows in the Theatre district DT, many sponsored by Georgia State.

There is plenty more that I am missing, but if any of that srikes a note and you want more info, let me know. Also, depending on where you are staying in Buckhead, much of it can be reached by MARTA so you won't need a car.

• 4 months later...

Archived