Midsize Skyline

What do you think is the best middle-sized skyline in the country?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best middle-sized skyline in the country?

• Nashville
    • Columbus
    • Orlando
    • Tulsa
    • OKC
    • Charlotte
    • Indianapolis
    • Jacksonville
    • Austin
    • Baltimore
    • Denver
    • Portland
    • Kansas City, MO
    • Cleveland
    • Other

All right, I'm new with making these kinds of topics, so if you have any criticism, just say it, don't talk among yourselves about how horrible this poll is. Also, I'm sorry if this has been done before, but I've never seen it and I wanted to see how this would turn out. It worked quite well in the Southeast so I figured I'd try it here.

Also, some cities, such as Minneapolis, were eliminated because I either thought they would win by a longshot, or I wasn't sure whether or not they were considered middle-sized. If you have any questions, which I hope you won't, then just post them, I'll try to answere them.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many of the choices here shouldn't be on here. I chose Denver, since when I lived in Fort Collins, my friends and I drove down there alot. Denver is by far the best pick because it has such a diverse and tall skyline. But Denver shouldn't be considered mid-size. As far as ACTUAL mid-size skylines, I would vote for Charlotte or Jacksonville.

Indianapolis

Baltimore

Denver

Portland

Cleveland

Kansas City

All have metro areas of more than 2 million.

Comparing metro population of an equal number of people or close to it is the best way to compare what their DT skyline should be like.

Tulsa has less than 1 million so it's not fair to compare it to Cleveland that has 3 million. Granted Tulsa has a better skyline than its population suggests.

Since not too many peoplke outside New England really know about Hartford's skyline, here's a pic to help out. :) I don't think Hartford can beat Cleveland, Denver, or even Kansas City, but I'd personally put it in the top 5 for mid-sized skylines.

Hartford_skyline_from_bridge.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived