Carolina Circle Mall

StevenRocks

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The mall had poor management. They didnt know who they were marketing to. It could have been a great mall today if they had better management and put policies in place like the ones Four Seasons have in place today. The mall also had the only movie theater in east Greensboro.

There would have been a newer regional mall in Northwest Greensboro off of Bryan Blvd. But Bill Burckley and residents fought it and the mall developer back down. Bill Burckley was the guy who try to stop the downtown ballpark.

There would have been a newer regional mall in Northwest Greensboro off of Bryan Blvd. But Bill Burckley and residents fought it and the mall developer back down. Bill Burckley was the guy who try to stop the downtown ballpark.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That sucks. Is this guy anti-growth or something?

I only went to ccm in the 1990's and 2000's and I remember that around 92' and 93', it was doing pretty good. Then again, that's only one person's opinion. I've always been dazed about it's new emblem. Was that supposed to be the "Carolina Circle"? :P

post-1659-1120884334_thumb.jpgYou mean this logo? I think they were going for the abstract reprersentation of the circles. I thought it was awesome at the time. (I kinda miss the old Four Seasons logo with the four columns with pyramid tops too, but that's another thread :) )

I went by Carolina Circle today. No pictures though. My friend wouldn't stop the car. The destruction was almost too much for me to take. I knew it was going to have to happen eventually but still, seeing it in person brought it home :(

post-1659-1120884334_thumb.jpg

I am trying my hardest to make memorials of ccm. Ever since the demolition started, I've been hard at work. I'm trying to get together with my friend to make out plans for the Miniature Carolina Circle Mall.

PS: Very random comment. Right after the mall closed, I had a dream that the mall building became a giant Best Buy. That's one of my favorite stores.

I always thought it was best if CCM was replaced by some big box retailers. It would be really beneficial to the area around it. Are Wal-Mart and Lowes going to each have single stores or is it going to be a strip mall? Another reason for the mall's decline has always been access, especially exiting off US 29.

Someone needs to get some pictures of the demolition and post them.  I have plenty of the mall before it was torn down.  I am anxious to see what it looks like lately.  Did they knock down the Auto Center across Ring Rd?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have some pictures of the day after the demolion started. If you want them, let me know. And no, they haven't destroyed the MW Auto Center.

Hey cool. Nothing much has happened since I took those pictures on July 1st. They've mainly been concentrating on Dillard's and Montgomery Ward. Belk has remained unscathed. I will be adding many more pictures to the album as the demolition continues.

PS: I am writing a book called "Billy Coore's Guide to North Carolina Highways and Carolina Circle Mall".

Hey cool. Nothing much has happened since I took those pictures on July 1st. They've mainly been concentrating on Dillard's and Montgomery Ward. Belk has remained unscathed. I will be adding many more pictures to the album as the demolition continues.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

From what I saw, Dillard's is mostly gone. I'm still taking Montgomery Ward's destruction hard, but I'll deal. Wonder what the hold-up is with Belk? They have the most prominent spot, location wise. You'd think they'd hit that first.

I was hoping that when they destroyed the mall, they would keep the interior intact so I could see the inside of the mall from the car, when they tore a hole in the mall because they did the same thing when they tore down the Toys R' Us across from the mall. But nope. However, when I was taking the pictures on the piccadilly/theater side, one of the holes showed a little piece of green from the storefront wall.

PS: A second ago, I was on eBay trying to look for any Carolina Circle memorabilia, but no success. I'll keep trying.

I'm attempting to make a Carolina Circle website based on the format of Tar Heel Highways. The problem with Freewebs is that you can only have 5 pictures and 7 sub pages unless you purchase the gold membership. That's why tar heel highways doesn't have much information. But I'm trying.

PS: I tried on web.archive.com (The site that shows you what any site looked like as far back as 1996) and typed www.carolinacirclemall.com, but it didn't find anything.

Update: I now have a new website about roads and ccm.

The House of Roadgeek

Archived