Survey says...

Cotuit

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think snow removal  has been 10x better this year than last.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not for pedestrians. City and state owned property (with the exception of Kennedy Plaza and the State House) is a mess.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. I've generally been impressed with how good things have been, and those who have been here longer than I have said it's much better than in the past.

That survey was interesting (why am I never called for these things :-) ). I would agree that roads are a real Providence problem and many have been hammered by this winter. I just drove on Dean St. for the first time in about 3 months today and, man, there are parts of that street that are so potholed that they almost aren't fit for vehicular traffic.

That's one Providence negative. Easily the worst streets of any municipality I've ever lived in... It's taking years off my car...

- Garris

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think so too. On our street it used to frequently be a day after the storm before we would even get a single plow pass. This year it's been continuous all through the storm (With the exception of the blizzard). Last were we had a situation one night where they decided to tow all of the cars on the street during a parking ban. It was a Tow Truck and a cop and when people saw them and came out to move their cars the towtruck driver was insisting that they pay him cash right there or he would tow the car. Straight extortion right in front of a cop. If they didnt have cash on hand the car got towed and then they had to goto the impound lot and pay the tow fee plus the storage charge - Totally insane! Our street is not a through street and just wraps back onto Wesminster - It gets little to no traffic beyond the people that live there. At the same time they were NOT towing downtown or on any of the major streets that actually get traffic. To add more salt to the wound - it was 6 hours after they towed before we got our first plow pass. Its the kind of thing I would have expected when Cianci was still in office. :angry:

Liam

Archived