Corktown Photos

Allan

I promised everyone a Corktown tour a while ago. So here it is...two months late. But it's better late than never, right? As I'm sure everyone knows, Corktown is Detroit's oldest survivng neighborhood. It used to be much larger, but with the Lodge and I-75 going through the area, the neighborhood has been significantly reduced in size.

Generally the houses are in very good condition. Those that aren't are usually renovated as soon as they are sold to new owners. There is quite a bit of new infill being constructed on what few empty lots remain.

IMG_5612.jpg

IMG_5613.jpg

IMG_5614.jpg

IMG_5616.jpg

IMG_5618.jpg

IMG_5621.jpg

IMG_5623.jpg

IMG_5624.jpg

IMG_5625.jpg

IMG_5631.jpg

IMG_5632.jpg

IMG_5637.jpg

IMG_5638.jpg

IMG_5641.jpg

IMG_5642.jpg

IMG_5646.jpg

IMG_5650.jpg

Part Two

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. The neighborhood is definately on the rise. There are many renovations occuring, as seen in some of the photos I posted. There are also a lot of new infill projects. There are still a few houses that are in need of repair, but whenever those houses are sold the new owners always make the necessary repairs.

And one of the best things about this neighborhood is that it is a very strong community. The CDCD always seems to speak for the residents best interests.

Now if only we can get development to connect between here and Hubbard-Richard, especially on Michigan Ave and Vernor.

Archived